Postby jonr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

cimarron wrote:Hi Jon,

And you're not???????

L & K

You know I am!
jonr

Re: New Jersey Poconut Roll Call

Postby oldforgiver » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 am

i don't like that they're an opener. people are filing in ,not paying attention etc. i hope they come out rockin! i think they should forget the acoustic stuff on the LM dates.
oldforgiver

Postby severalpieces » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 am

I'll be there! Hoping for a nice cool night with no rain !
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby richierich » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:47 am

I have not been to PNC Arts Center for many years.
Are you still able to picnic on the lawn outside of the gates.
If so, are alcoholic beverages.
Carol & I used to pack a nice picnic basket along with a couple of bottles of wine....

But that was a long, long time ago..................................
Anybody know??????????????????????????
richierich

Postby wheland » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 pm

richierich wrote:I have not been to PNC Arts Center for many years.
Are you still able to picnic on the lawn outside of the gates.
If so, are alcoholic beverages.
Carol & I used to pack a nice picnic basket along with a couple of bottles of wine....

But that was a long, long time ago..................................
Anybody know??????????????????????????

Rich,

They "improved" the PNC Arts Center a few years back - they increased the seating area with some uncovered seats and made the lawn seat area larger.

They did this by building it up and taking away the ability to walk around the back of the original amphitheatre area.

They have imposed very stringent tailgating policies and are keeping the gates closed until later and I believe they have banned alcoholic beverages completly and enforce it heavily.

I used to love going to the Garden State Arts Center but since all of these improvements I've gone very seldom in the past few years.

Dennis
wheland

Postby wheland » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Here's some pertinent info- there is no note on the L&M / Poco date to indicate tailgating is not allowed. Remember- get there early or you will be parked on the other side of the Parkway and it's actually quicker to walk back then take a bus sometimes if the crowd is large enough.

It seems that I'm wrong about the no alcohol rule- I do know there was a big crackdown on underage drinking and I thought they had just banned alcohol.

Here's the info from the website-

For most performances tailgating is permitted. There are a limited number of “No Tailgating” performances please check additional information on the specific artist performance purchase page. All parking areas are monitored by New Jersey State Troopers. For most shows, the parking lots will open two hours prior to gates opening.
We have a strict no refund or exchange policy. All shows are rain or shine. If an event is canceled or postponed, refunds will be offered.
Parking for guests with disabilities is available near our special needs entrance. Please provide the proper identification. Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Look for the easy to follow signs when entering the facility or ask any parking personnel for assistance. We also allow drop off and pick up near the Special Needs gate upon request.
Phone: (732) 203-2500

Items allowed in this venue include: factory sealed plastic bottle of water (one per person), food in a clear plastic bag, umbrellas, and low profile lawn chairs (no higher than 9 inches from the ground).
Please note: These guidelines are subject to change and are at the discretion of management.

The first 200 lawn guests will receive a free lawn chair voucher courtesy of Comcast and the PNC Bank Arts Center.

In compliance with New Jersey State Law, anyone under age 21 will not be served alcohol. Violators will be removed from the premises. A valid ID is required to purchase alcohol.
ATM's are located on main plaza as well as concession areas.
There is no camping permitted on the premises.

Proper attire is required to enter the facility. All guests must wear pants or shorts, shirt and shoes.
Guests are subject to bag searches and various levels of screening subject to artist or management discretion.
Smoking is not permitted inside the amphitheater or within the Family Zone areas of our lawn. The Arts Center has a no tolerance policy for anyone engaging in illegal activity.
. Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Look for the easy to follow signs when entering the facility or ask any parking personnel for assistance. We also allow drop off and pick up upon request.
wheland

Postby wheland » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Here's a review of the PNC that seems to be very prevelant these days-

" went to my very first concert at the GSAC (Paula Abdul and Color Me Badd) and I've gone to tons of shows over the years (No Doubt/Weezer, Jewel, HORDE festival, BNL, Alanis, Def Leppard to name a few). It used to be great to get a bunch of friends together and go sit on the lawn for cheap and enjoy the music. I won't go anymore since they added the per person parking fee and the ridiculous ticket charges. What is even worse is that you pay for parking even if you take the shuttle bus from the Matawan Train Station! It wasn't so bad when you paid $20 per person to go sit on the lawn, but now it's close to $50 per lawn seat! I can sit out on my own lawn with the stereo blasting and get the same effect. The underage drinkers ruined it for the adults, so not having tailgating is just lame and the 3 drink limit inside is absurd! Some people do plan ahead and have a designated driver! The venue is definitely losing some of it's old timers with all their new rules and fees and it is a shame. Hopefully someone talks some sense into them and they can go back to the way things were.
wheland

Postby Dar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 pm

jonr wrote:
cimarron wrote:Hi Jon,

And you're not???????

L & K

You know I am!

i know i am:) sometimes ya feel like a nut:) always
Dar

Postby litlfeat » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am

It will be great to meet some of (all of?) y'all at the show. I have yet to meet any nuts from the community. This will be the first time seeing the band since 1977!! Amazingly sad. But glad to be coming. I will have my Little Feat shirt on and wondering around stupidly like a deer in the headlights, with my soulmate Cathy (don't know what she will be wearing besides me).
Can't wait...see ya there
Bob
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby featster » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:13 pm

litlfeat wrote:It will be great to meet some of (all of?) y'all at the show. I have yet to meet any nuts from the community. This will be the first time seeing the band since 1977!! Amazingly sad. But glad to be coming. I will have my Little Feat shirt on and wondering around stupidly like a deer in the headlights, with my soulmate Cathy (don't know what she will be wearing besides me).
Can't wait...see ya there
Bob

And I'll be there with my soulmate Bob! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Cathy
featster

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion