Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys

Discuss the band.

Re: Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys

Postby jimmym » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:10 pm

I remember seeing those guys a couple of times. I also had their first album, very cool!

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby aceinoc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Okay,

So all those years go by...brain gets a little fuzzy...not for the same reason as 'back in the day', mind you...and then it hits me...

'Strike a Match' was from Albion Doo-Wah. That was an Aces & Eights standard...played at any gig from a short opening set before a recorded act to a bar gig.

If any of you Nuts have this and know how to post it to YouTube would post there is a Nut out here in SoCal who will buy some beers when I get the chance...

'In the first days of this country when the buffalos roamed the land, all the traps and cowboys used to roll their own by hand'...everybody sing along...'Strike a match and light another...'

:D
'I don't know where we are going, but I'm on my way.'
aceinoc

Postby jerzeypocofan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

and some more trivia on Cat Mother....band member Roy Michaels was in Richie Furay's
first band the Au Go Go Singers...

Abilon Doo Wah should be released on cd...that is one great album
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby winemaker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks for putting that up. I hav'nt heard that song in years, man I feel old.
Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better
winemaker

Postby litlfeat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am

jerzeypocofan wrote:Abilon Doo Wah should be released on cd...that is one great album

Found it on Amazon for $34, new...I just had to snatch it since I foolishly gave up the LPs several years ago!!
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby aceinoc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

are saying there is a CD version of Albion? And you have one? You are my hero?

any chance you can post the audio of 'Strike a Match' on YouTube for me? Just want to hear that tune again...and if someone has the lyrics...that would be most appreciated as well! 8-)
'I don't know where we are going, but I'm on my way.'
aceinoc

Postby Lonesomedave » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:43 pm

aceinoc wrote:are saying there is a CD version of Albion? And you have one? You are my hero?

any chance you can post the audio of 'Strike a Match' on YouTube for me? Just want to hear that tune again...and if someone has the lyrics...that would be most appreciated as well! 8-)

I jumped at that as well and found Amazon only had two vinyls. However.....

.....inasmuch as mine is a cutout and been opened and I have no turntable, I'll lend it to anyone who can put it on disc for those who might want a copy. That way, Bob doesn't have to open his copy and we all get happy. Anyone?
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby litlfeat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

aceinoc wrote:are saying there is a CD version of Albion? And you have one? You are my hero?

I actually just ordered it, thanks to this thread. I don't have yet, but soon.
Having never posted on youtube, I'd be a complete novice but more than glad to give it my best. Maybe even better, I could just email it to ya?
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby litlfeat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:

.....inasmuch as mine is a cutout and been opened and I have no turntable, I'll lend it to anyone who can put it on disc for those who might want a copy. That way, Bob doesn't have to open his copy and we all get happy. Anyone?

I have a turntable, but went for the cd. See my other post...I would be more than glad to share this with you guys!!! No kidding! :D
litlfeat

Postby jerzeypocofan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:09 pm

litlfeat wrote:
Lonesomedave wrote:

I have a turntable, but went for the cd. See my other post...I would be more than glad to share this with you guys!!! No kidding! :D

I'm up for a trade if possible??
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion