Monterey CA Show 07/11/09

Discuss the band.

Re: Monterey CA Show 07/11/09

Postby TartanSkirt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

oh yeah, got a new pink bandana signed by the boys and ill let plowhorse or mason, who it was very nice to meet outside, tell the setlist
Pretending to be a normal person day-to-day is exhausting.
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 am

TartanSkirt wrote:oh yeah, got a new pink bandana signed by the boys and ill let plowhorse or mason, who it was very nice to meet outside, tell the setlist

Yee Haa, I knew we could depend on you to make it to this show. Can't wait to read all the rave reviews, of our fab four (being that it's a Sunday morning, and 3 hours earlier on the wrong coast, those reviews may be a long time comin'). I'll bet you were sockless, from the count in, on Under The Gun.
:D :D :D :D
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:52 am

TartanSkirt wrote: i'll let plowhorse or mason, who it was very nice to meet outside, tell the setlist

I bet I could come close to the list - and I was 1000 miles away ! :D :roll: :cry:
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby TartanSkirt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Yee Haa, I knew we could depend on you to make it to this show. Can't wait to read all the rave reviews, of our fab four (being that it's a Sunday morning, and 3 hours earlier on the wrong coast, those reviews may be a long time comin'). I'll bet you were sockless, from the count in, on Under The Gun.

Yeah, like i said, never count me out or down, not yet anyways.

The theater was great, lots of leg room between the rows. Was a little disappointed that they didn't sell out, but they also did not promote the show there that well. Was talking to the guy next to me and he said he just happen to run across it in one of the local event papers, otherwise he would not have known. The boys sounded great, played great and even Rusty told a story or two. Sorry plowhorse we didnt get to hear the jokes we wanted ;)

I'll have to let plowhorse post the setlist. I believe him and the mrs. are tooling around San Fran today. I'm glad they didn't drive all the way back home last night.

All in all, to me, it was great to see and hear them. A few songs in the mix. I can't remember the name of the solo song Rusty sang (it was with the Bill Young story) no relation, but it was a beautiful song.

I have about 35 pics, so when I can figure out how to resize them I'll get them posted.
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks, for posting the pictures, Robin. Nice job.
sockless Claudia
MsUp

Postby TartanSkirt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 pm

thanks girl, i was trying to post them as fast as you were looking at them, oh and by the way i wore two pair of socks last nite, one pair white, one pair pink, dont ask :roll:
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:51 pm

TartanSkirt wrote:thanks girl, i was trying to post them as fast as you were looking at them, oh and by the way i wore two pair of socks last nite, one pair white, one pair pink, dont ask :roll:

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
MsUp

Postby mason » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:23 pm

i was standing next to and talking to the world renowned (well at least in the poconut world) sockless claudia, and she never let on. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: 8-) :lol: :P :roll: :geek: :ugeek: i was humbled just by being in her precense.
i don't remember the set list completely, but i do remember "rose of cimmaron" was the 3rd song. jack did a song about his former home town in minnasota. rusty's solo was supposed to be a new song, but i don't remember the name and he played the dobro during it. during the bill young story, he never said whether or not bill young knew he was a part of poco or not. and rusty did not identify the poco song that is in the bar juke box.
mason

Postby TartanSkirt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 pm

actually it was tartanskirt or robin as known to some, but hey ill take it as a compliment, just not sure about claudia lol :?
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 pm

mason wrote:i was standing next to and talking to the world renowned (well at least in the poconut world) sockless claudia, and she never let on. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: 8-) :lol: :P :roll: :geek: :ugeek: i was humbled just by being in her precense.
i don't remember the set list completely, but i do remember "rose of cimmaron" was the 3rd song. jack did a song about his former home town in minnasota. rusty's solo was supposed to be a new song, but i don't remember the name and he played the dobro during it. during the bill young story, he never said whether or not bill young knew he was a part of poco or not. and rusty did not identify the poco song that is in the bar juke box.

Hi Mason,
Where were you, when you thought you were standing next to me ? Glastonbury, CT ?
Just FYI, I wasn't in California this time. Hope to meet you one day.
sockless Claudia
MsUp

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion