Monterey CA Show 07/11/09

Discuss the band.

Re: Monterey CA Show 07/11/09

Postby plowhorse » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:35 pm

OK boys and girls, here is the long awaited set list from last nights show in Monterey, CA.

Under The Gun
Call It Love
Rose Of Cimarron
Indian Summer
Medley: Shake It/Barbados
Medley: Just For Me & You/Pickin Up The Pieces
Keep On Tryin
Crazy Love
Child's Claim To Fame
Bad Weather (Paul Solo)
Hard Country (Jack Solo)
Little Rain Don't Bother Me (Rusty Solo)
Magnolia
Heart Of The Night

Encore: Good Feelin To Know

Observations:

Nice venue, too bad more people weren't there to enjoy it.
Robin/"TS" literally got up out of her hospital bed to attend. Good show!
Rusty shared insight into certain idiosyncrasies of "rural" Missouri life. :o (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge). All very harmless, but funny!

More later.
We're all here because we're not all there...
plowhorse

Postby mason » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:48 pm

hmmm..well apprantly i misread a post. i humbly beg forgiveness.

:D :) ;) :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :roll: :| :ugeek: :geek:
mason

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 am

mason wrote:hmmm..well apprantly i misread a post. i humbly beg forgiveness.

Don't worry about it. When you've been around for a while, you'll learn that MsUp can be recognised by the large cameras (and lack of socks), and TartanSkirt can be recognised by the giggling ! :roll: :o :P
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:00 pm

TartanSkirt wrote:thanks girl, i was trying to post them as fast as you were looking at them, oh and by the way i wore two pair of socks last nite, one pair white, one pair pink, dont ask :roll:

I have to ask...mainly because you said not to.

Also, additional question: two white socks on one foot and two pink on the other???
:shock:

And in all seriousness...I'm glad everything's okay and you are your wacky self again.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby TonySTL » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm

MsUp wrote:
mason wrote:i was standing next to and talking to the world renowned (well at least in the poconut world) sockless claudia, and she never let on. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: 8-) :lol: :P :roll: :geek: :ugeek: i was humbled just by being in her precense.
i don't remember the set list completely, but i do remember "rose of cimmaron" was the 3rd song. jack did a song about his former home town in minnasota. rusty's solo was supposed to be a new song, but i don't remember the name and he played the dobro during it. during the bill young story, he never said whether or not bill young knew he was a part of poco or not. and rusty did not identify the poco song that is in the bar juke box.

Hi Mason,
Where were you, when you thought you were standing next to me ? Glastonbury, CT ?
Just FYI, I wasn't in California this time. Hope to meet you one day.
sockless Claudia

Besides, you were standing next to me in St. Louis. I know it was you, in black, no socks and snapping pictures like crazy...I heard click, click, click then the PocoMutt was hugged and more clicking!! Oooops, nevermind, Peg said that it was a nun with a metal cane. And I'm not telling about how I knew about the socks! <blush>

Robin, don't get rid of too many parts...

(Claudia, if you decide to get even, please don't trip me on the stairs at Wildwood...that's a tough fall!)
TonySTL

Postby TartanSkirt » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 pm

okay so the sock thing, (i knew i should not have said don't ask) anywho, i bought some cool plaid (green/pink/white/grey) tennies and wore white socks with pink over the top of them, couldn't tell i was wearing them as they were ankle socks

me whacky? well i would hate to disappoint the family :lol:

it's okay mason, you'll get used to everyone here whether you meet them in person or not, but it really was great meeting you

and glad you and the misses made it home safely plowhorse, always a pleasure seeing you two, not sure you can say the same for me :shock:
Pretending to be a normal person day-to-day is exhausting.
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 pm

TonySTL wrote:
MsUp wrote:
mason wrote:i was standing next to and talking to the world renowned (well at least in the poconut world) sockless claudia, and she never let on. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: 8-) :lol: :P :roll: :geek: :ugeek: i was humbled just by being in her precense.
i don't remember the set list completely, but i do remember "rose of cimmaron" was the 3rd song. jack did a song about his former home town in minnasota. rusty's solo was supposed to be a new song, but i don't remember the name and he played the dobro during it. during the bill young story, he never said whether or not bill young knew he was a part of poco or not. and rusty did not identify the poco song that is in the bar juke box.

Hi Mason,
Where were you, when you thought you were standing next to me ? Glastonbury, CT ?
Just FYI, I wasn't in California this time. Hope to meet you one day.
sockless Claudia

Besides, you were standing next to me in St. Louis. I know it was you, in black, no socks and snapping pictures like crazy...I heard click, click, click then the PocoMutt was hugged and more clicking!! Oooops, nevermind, Peg said that it was a nun with a metal cane. And I'm not telling about how I knew about the socks! <blush>

Robin, don't get rid of too many parts...

(Claudia, if you decide to get even, please don't trip me on the stairs at Wildwood...that's a tough fall!)

Hey, I'd never try to get even with you, Tony (trip you on the stairs - OMG no) what would Paragon do without you showing him the way. I'm sure that was me standing next to you in St. Louis, and my fuzzy friend can back me up on that fact.
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

MsUp wrote:Hey, I'd never try to get even with you, Tony (trip you on the stairs - OMG no) what would Paragon do without you showing him the way. I'm sure that was me standing next to you in St. Louis, and my fuzzy friend can back me up on that fact.

Lost your glasses again Claudia ?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:28 pm

MartinG wrote:
mason wrote:hmmm..well apprantly i misread a post. i humbly beg forgiveness.

Don't worry about it. When you've been around for a while, you'll learn that MsUp can be recognised by the large cameras (and lack of socks), and TartanSkirt can be recognised by the giggling ! :roll: :o :P

Let's hope, I don't ever get confused and show up with socks Krazy-glued on & no cameras (half the fun is shootin' the boyz, and lettin' them blow my socks off).
:D :D :D :D
MartinG, Karlarado, Studiogirl, Coconut, waterchaser, beerforrusty, etc., I'm truly sorry I missed seeing all of you in Colorado. Next time I'll plan it better.
Have tons of fun.....
Last edited by MsUp on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:39 pm

And..... I'm sad that I missed TartanSkirt, Mr & Mrs Plowhorse, Mason, etc. in Monterey (I had tickets for the show - second row, on Paul's & Jack's side), but just couldn't get my sorry _ _ _ out there.

How about that beautiful new Falcon, 'Bird of Paradise', that Paul was playing ? She took her maiden flight in Glastonbury Ct., and managed to chase all the clouds away. The Captain brought her to life !
MsUp

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion