Springsteen

Discuss the band.

Re: Springsteen

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:17 am

Tony, you and Mark have your own special relationship and I was only thinking you're comments were a bit harsh. I remember I was rehearsing for an audition in high school singing a song under my breath in the corner of the school newspaper office because I needed to learn the lyrics. The teacher in charge of the paper came over to me and told me that if I could hear myself I'd stop singing. That hurt. By the way, I nailed the audtion and got the part. F him.
AlexInRI

Postby TonyNYC » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 pm

No big problem, Alex...

Maybe I was a bit too harsh with my comments, but if I was Bogey I'd appreciate the feedback and if he had a problem with what I wrote I think it was Bogey's place to say so...though by not quoting the positive stuff I also included, you made what I wrote sound a lot more negative than it was.
TonyNYC

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:13 pm

It seems like we are all looking out for each other. Thanks guys!
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby sjack80 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:
AlexInRI wrote:He has a good rock and roll voice, but screaming about Katmandu or doing the "horizontal bop" cheapen his efforts to be known as a committed artist, imho.

I felt the same way until I saw both performed live. When I saw Seger in NYC two years ago, Katmandu was hands down the best song. Horizontal Bop is also fabulous live. Lots of energy.
sjack80

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

I liked the quote system better on the old Poconut. Sjack quoted Bogey yet it attributed it to me. I don't really have strong feelings about Bob Seger. Now Jimmy Buffett I could live without.
AlexInRI

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 pm

AlexInRI wrote: Now Jimmy Buffett I could live without.

You're killing me! You know, I used to like you.
:mrgreen:
Bogeyfire

Postby wini » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 am

Somebody Out There ... wrote:I liked the quote system better on the old Poconut. Now The Beatles I could live without.

Indeed, the problem with the current quoting tool is that not only can you edit the quoted text as much as you want to, you can also attribute that quote to whoever you want to ... whether accidentally or on purpose ...
wini

Postby Bogeyfire » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 am

wini wrote:
Somebody Out There ... wrote:I liked the quote system better on the old Poconut. Now The Beatles I could live without.

Indeed, the problem with the current quoting tool is that not only can you edit the quoted text as much as you want to, you can also attribute that quote to whoever you want to ... whether accidentally or on purpose ...

Although this is true, I do like the fact that you can cut the parts that don't pertain to your response and only quote the relavant dialog. Not sure if I like the larger text. I think I would prefer it slightly smaller, but that is a pretty small issue.
Bogeyfire

Postby sunsetkidd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Back to Bruce...(I'm hijacking my own thread back! ) Tony (you mega Bruce fan)...I know you've seen the Boss many many more times than me...do you recall ever hearing something like this phenomenal live version of 'The Price You Pay' from '81? This is one of my favorite River songs, and in this version, Bruce adds some amazing new lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWN8wNPH ... re=related
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby TonyNYC » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 pm

No, Jim, I don't remember ever hearing that extra verse and thanks for posting it. Always liked The Price You Pay, but would have been even better if he hadn't written the similar sounding Promised Land.

Of course, I couldn't resist checking out some of the nearby songs. One of my favorites was always Independence Day and I do remember this spoken introduction and it still moves me. And I'm still sure he wrote this about me and my father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fau9jkIo ... re=related
TonyNYC

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion