Roger Federer's The Bomb !

Discuss the band.

Roger Federer's The Bomb !

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm

I just got finished watching the most exciting Wimbledon men's final, ever. Federer broke the world record, becoming the only player, in history, to win 15 (mens' singles) Grand Slams, in a 4 hour and 17 minute match, looking like he could go another round (and I think he hit 51 aces). Andy Roddick put up quite a fight, and, to tell you the truth, it could have gone either way, but it was Roger's day (this was also Roger's 6th Wimbledon championship). I've never seen a match go this many games at Wimbledon or anywhere. Both men are AWESOME champions.

5 - 7 - 7 - 3 - 16 = Federer
7 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 14 = Roddick

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S. Serena Williams def. older sister Venus Williams last night (7-6 6-2).
MsUp

Re: Roger Federer's The Bomb !

Postby kroney » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Congrats to Roger.....Unbelievable....he didn't even appear winded....
Watching the womens doubles currently.....can't they do something about all that grunting....it was much more enjoyable watching the men....and any of the non- grunters..... :lol:
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:41 pm

kroney wrote:Congrats to Roger.....Unbelievable....he didn't even appear winded....
Watching the womens doubles currently.....can't they do something about all that grunting....it was much more enjoyable watching the men....and any of the non- grunters..... :lol:

I couldn't agree more, Kev. I think Monica Seles was the worst grunter (maybe they feel it distracts their opponent, girls 'sometimes' play dirty). The Williams sisters are pretty loud !
MsUp

Postby Lonesomedave » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I was hoping to see Murray go all the way and he did very well. He would have been the first UK man since, what? 1936 if he'd have won.
Not a fan of the Williams sisters. They have the talent and the stamina and are world beaters, but I got tired of all the whining.
But there's no way I'd take a serve off either of them. Not with out a helmet.
....and a shield.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:I was hoping to see Murray go all the way and he did very well. He would have been the first UK man since, what? 1936 if he'd have won.
Not a fan of the Williams sisters. They have the talent and the stamina and are world beaters, but I got tired of all the whining.
But there's no way I'd take a serve off either of them. Not with out a helmet.
....and a shield.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Dave, I'd like to see a Brit win Wimbledon, too.
Forget about those sisters, Roddick hit some balls, today, bigger than of 150 mph. Wow, that would break your neck even with a helmet.

" I'm gonna miss the sacrifice, I'm gonna miss the sacrifice ! "
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:57 pm

MsUp wrote:I just got finished watching the most exciting Wimbledon men's final, ever. Federer broke the world record, becoming the only player, in history, to win 15 (mens' singles) Grand Slams, in a 4 hour and 17 minute match, looking like he could go another round (and I think he hit 51 aces). Andy Roddick put up quite a fight, and, to tell you the truth, it could have gone either way, but it was Roger's day (this was also Roger's 6th Wimbledon championship). I've never seen a match go this many games at Wimbledon or anywhere. Both men are AWESOME champions.

5 - 7 - 7 - 3 - 16 = Federer
7 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 14 = Roddick

I quite agree, what an epic match !

But I think last year's final was even better (Nadal beat Federer)
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Dar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:18 pm

wow
Dar

Postby Kim » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:57 pm

It was a very close match, probably the closest wimbldon final ever and Roger Federer only just made it with one point. It could have gone either way but Federer now has the record. It was the best final I've ever seen and I really felt sad for Andy Roddick.

Next year Rafael Nadal will be back to claim the crown once again.
Kim

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:11 pm

My wife's a huge tennis fan and plays on a few teams so we did the breakfast at Wimbeldon thing. She invited a few of her teamates over and we watched the match while my kids slept in. It was almost as compelling as last year. I was pulling for Andy because it was July 4th weekend and he is an American after all. He really impressed me. Roger never broke his serve until the final game. It lasted so long it became lunchtime at Wimbeldon. I though Roddick's comments after the match were very classy. He played well enough to win but Federer wouldn't give in and deserved the victory. I thought I saw Sampras' lower lip trembling a bit after Federer won. For a while I've thought that Federer was the best ever and now it's official.
AlexInRI

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 pm

AlexInRI wrote:My wife's a huge tennis fan and plays on a few teams so we did the breakfast at Wimbeldon thing. She invited a few of her teamates over and we watched the match while my kids slept in. It was almost as compelling as last year. I was pulling for Andy because it was July 4th weekend and he is an American after all. He really impressed me. Roger never broke his serve until the final game. It lasted so long it became lunchtime at Wimbeldon. I though Roddick's comments after the match were very classy. He played well enough to win but Federer wouldn't give in and deserved the victory. I thought I saw Sampras' lower lip trembling a bit after Federer won. For a while I've thought that Federer was the best ever and now it's official.

I agree with all you wrote, Alex. I, too, am a big tennis fan, and was quite impressed. My heart broke for Roddick, even though I was pulling for Federer. Roger hardly broke a sweat, but Andy was just dripping from his hat (like it was raining) his eyes burning from the salt. As I said, it was a very close match, and either man could have won it.
MsUp

Next

Return to Poco Discussion