Sent Message to band for booking info

Discuss the band.

Postby PocoMotion » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Jeff,Thanks to you I re discovered Poco.You single handily brought them back to NYC,and got them some great shows.Instead of down sizing your contributions Poco manangement should give you added responsibilities. One should never bite the hand that feeds them.
PocoMotion

Re: Sent Message to band for booking info

Postby TonySTL » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 am

Jeff Fin wrote:[
One comes to mine happened about a year ago,I phoned a venue in the mid west trying to book Poco,the guy in charge says to me "Sure I know who Poco is,the head of Poco is Neil Young's little brother Rusty"...I try to tell him in a kind manner that Rusty and Neil aren't related...he comes back and says "I can't believe you're one of Poco's agents and don't know Rusty Young is Neil Young's brother,go back to agent's school and brush up on your music history"...with that said, he hangs up on me....Got some other weird stories for another day...

Jeff, I'd love to know that venue rep...brilliant! Besides, everyone knows that Neil was Rusty's older sister until he had to move to Canada for the surgery. It's all there in the Harvest album! I hope that he at least understood that the name used to be Pogo after the Pogo stick because Richie like to jump around on stage. And then the toy company wanted to sue them and they made a comic strip about it. And that Rusty and Paul are related to Norman Lear.

phew...my wiki brain is smoking!
TonySTL

Postby mikec » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 am

Resent a message to Rick. Never got a response back.
mikec

Postby MsUp » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 am

Jeff Fin wrote:Rick hooked up with a booking agency,I'm still involved specializing in certain categories,this way we don't step on each others toes.

That's good news, cause you always get the best dates, Jeff. :D :D :D :D
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am

Jeff Fin wrote:
Bogeyfire wrote:
Jeff Fin wrote:Rick hooked up with a booking agency,I'm still involved specializing in certain categories,this way we don't step on each others toes.

Hey Jeff,

As one who was basically doing bookings as a hobby, you've brought a lot of good music to many of us on this board. I think you started off knowing very little, but then became instrumental in getting gigs all over the place! I remember when Rick tossed the ball to you when Anthology in San Diego first opened.

It was funny some of the reactions from people outside the loop. There were those who didn't think Poco should play there, others applauding that they found a new venue after SamDiego left Humphreys By The Bay.

You wheeled and dealed an dammit if you didn't deliver! I know you have the best interests in some other bands too. Keep up the good work!
:)

Mark...Thanks for the kind words...I've had a great time the last 3 1/2 years booking Poco,PPL and Firefall.Made some fine friends and have a few funny stories to tell...One comes to mine happened about a year ago,I phoned a venue in the mid west trying to book Poco,the guy in charge says to me "Sure I know who Poco is,the head of Poco is Neil Young's little brother Rusty"...I try to tell him in a kind manner that Rusty and Neil aren't related...he comes back and says "I can't believe you're one of Poco's agents and don't know Rusty Young is Neil Young's brother,go back to agent's school and brush up on your music history"...with that said, he hangs up on me....Got some other weird stories for another day...

Even funnier story, is Tim Schmit was confused for Poco's Rusty Young, way back when, because 'they' were convinced that Neil Young's brother was in Poco, and Tim looked the most like Neil. So odd.

You know, I remember a time, when The Beatles first came across the pond, that everyone was getting their names wrong, and within the blink of an eye they were to be known for eternity, as John, Paul, George & Ringo.
MsUp

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:43 pm

SamHill wrote:I e mailed Jeff,he told me Poco management is fazing him out of the picture?

wow,thats sad,he booked them alot,hope he gets back to booking the boys
Dar

Postby PocoMotion » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Jeff got Poco many gig's mainly at high profile venues,BB Kings,Brookhaven,Stone Pony etc. Maybe Mary and Rusty should step in here,he certainly is a large factor in Poco's resurgence :evil:
PocoMotion

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion