request

Discuss the band.

request

Postby George Lawrence » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Can we please not post the death of pets with "RIP such and such" in the title? The last couple of times I have seen these RIP topics I thought somebody I knew had a relative die. I know we all love our pets but their deaths should not be announced in the same way as humans. Too many of us have high blood pressure! Maybe something like "such and such's pet XXXXXX passes".
"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Re: request

Postby cottonfan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 pm

I agree with George ----when I saw the RIP Nolen Sundrud, I was immediately thinking of Jack's Dad...................but long live all of the Poconuts' pets.
cottonfan

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:28 pm

George Lawrence wrote:Can we please not post the death of pets with "RIP such and such" in the title? The last couple of times I have seen these RIP topics I thought somebody I knew had a relative die. I know we all love our pets but their deaths should not be announced in the same way as humans. Too many of us have high blood pressure! Maybe something like "such and such's pet XXXXXX passes".

My 'pets' have always been considered close family members, and quite human.

I too have always considered my pets as close family members and treated them as humans as much as one can do that with an animal.....but they are not human. Thanks for correcting the title. My heart rate is back down to normal now :-)
MsUp

Postby kroney » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 pm

MsUp wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:Can we please not post the death of pets with "RIP such and such" in the title? The last couple of times I have seen these RIP topics I thought somebody I knew had a relative die. I know we all love our pets but their deaths should not be announced in the same way as humans. Too many of us have high blood pressure! Maybe something like "such and such's pet XXXXXX passes".

My 'pets' have always been considered close family members, and quite human.

I'm with Claudia.....George, I think the skin on your snare is to tight...Lighten up!
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby severalpieces » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Duly noted, GL.
However, I am in the same camp as Ms Up.
Elliot is 17 now and each day we share from beginning to end is a wonderful day.
So, relax. If one of us cares to share the loss of a loved one, ie, a pet, there is no reason for you to get twitchy.
The loss of a 'family member' is the loss of a family member. It encompasses all realms of loss.
None of us are in any hurry to share the sad news of the loss of a loved one.

Peace,
Bev.
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby George Lawrence » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 pm

It's not about the loved one being a pet or being considered a relative or human or not. It's that "RIP Nolen Sundrud" made me immediately think that either Jack's brother or Father or some other human relative had died, because I did not know their first names and naturally jumped to this conclusion because there was no allusion in the title to this being Jack's pet. I about had a heart attack until I read the body of the message. Had the dog been named Fluffy Sundrud maybe I would have gotten it. I suggest that if the name of the pet is a typical human name then the word "pet" should be put in the title as well. I'm not strung that tight. It was a natural conclusion to jump given the wording of the title. I request that the distinction be made so that there is no confusion and anxiety. And also if one considers pets as relatives, then isn't it the family's perogative as to where death notices are posted?
"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Postby severalpieces » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 pm

George Lawrence wrote:. And also if one considers pets as relatives, then isn't it the family's perogative as to where death notices are posted?

Yes. And ?
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby MsUp » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:42 am

severalpieces wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:. And also if one considers pets as relatives, then isn't it the family's perogative as to where death notices are posted?

Yes. And ?

It's all OK, the title is fixed, and from now on, we will have to distinguish between man & his beast. However, Jack wanted us to know about Nolen's death, because he posted it on his blagh, so 'the family' is probably comforted by their friends' kind words (I know that for a fact). I understand George's feelings.
MsUp

Postby Spellbound » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Goldfish are pets; dogs are furry little people who, though they may have bad table manners and bad breath, are very much members of the family!
Spellbound

Postby guitarbro » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Why not just have a place where we can include our four legged family members.

What's next? Will we be not allowed to say anything about another band other then Poco.
guitarbro

Next

Return to Poco Discussion