Poco in Glastonbury, Ct. 07-08-09

Discuss the band.

Re: Poco in Glastonbury, Ct. 07-08-09

Postby volpi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 am

Yes Claudia they played Gftk and they opened with Under the Gun. Great photography by the way, that is a beautiful book!!! It was nice to meet you and talk, I missed talking to the guys except for Paul. What a beautiful Guitar!!!!
John and Sue
volpi

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks for the update, Claudia..we can always count on you for great details.
So glad you all had a good time..wish I was there.
Enjoy the rest of the week ..the weather on the East looks like it will be OK (For now)!
:D

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby pupilm » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Claudia,
It was nice that Lucie and I had a chance to spend a few minutes with you. Thanks for taking the time to introduce us to the many nuts in attendance. It makes introductions a lot easier when all you have to say is “I’d like you to meet Marc/ Mark” and that accounts for about ten people. It was great to see my good friends from back home as well. I was happy to make it over to say hi to Mary before things got too hectic for her. Isn’t she just great? Once again the boys were unbelievable. Paul looked great “behind the wheel of his new toy” and Rusty, Jack and George had the place rocking. It was nice to see the good turnout and that the weather cooperated. You were right about that big ole moon shinin’ bright. Glad you made it home safely.

Mark

Cajun moon, where does your power lie
As you move across the southern sky
pupilm

Postby MsUp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:15 pm

volpi wrote:Yes Claudia they played Gftk and they opened with Under the Gun. Great photography by the way, that is a beautiful book!!! It was nice to meet you and talk, I missed talking to the guys except for Paul. What a beautiful Guitar!!!!
John and Sue

Thanks, John & Sue, I added Under The Gun to my original post (from the count-in, on UTG, my socks, and my mind, were gone).

Was Legend the bomb, or what ? Tell you the truth, I'd like to see/hear Poco do everything from LEGEND, one day (it wouldn't be too hard to do, since they'd only need to rehearse a few). Legend, Crazy Love, Heart Of The Night, Spellbound, Barbados, Boomerang, The Last Goodbye, Little Darlin', Love Comes-Love Goes (that was a masterpiece, IMHO).
Last edited by MsUp on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:18 pm

CurlyQfromLI wrote:Thanks for the update, Claudia..we can always count on you for great details.
So glad you all had a good time..wish I was there.
Enjoy the rest of the week ..the weather on the East looks like it will be OK (For now)!
:D

My pleasure, Annie. Can't wait to meet, in August, at L & M / Poco / Richie Furay gig.
Last edited by MsUp on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby volpi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Legend is Sue's favorite Poco album. When they played legend last night she lost her socks and everything else almost. I used to have the music book for legend but misplaced it years ago.
John and Sue
volpi

Postby jonr » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Here are my pix from the front row last night.... Great show, incredible encores! Good to have Mr. Lawrence back for this one.
http://gallery.me.com/jongeorg1#100269
jonr

Postby cimarron » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for posting your pictures. It was a fun night sitting in the park(welcome to my park). Glad that the rain came before the show. Good idea having Rusty say "somebody yelled out at me"... hey ! One of the more memorable moments of the night, and there were many. It was a good night to have the "nuts" together again. See everyone again next weekend. I'll bring the strawberries.

Linda & Keith
cimarron

Postby MsUp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 pm

jonr wrote:Here are my pix from the front row last night.... Great show, incredible encores! Good to have Mr. Lawrence back for this one.
http://gallery.me.com/jongeorg1#100269

Thanks, Jon, nice job.
Last edited by MsUp on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:25 pm

cimarron wrote:Hi Jon,

Thanks for posting your pictures. It was a fun night sitting in the park(welcome to my park). Glad that the rain came before the show. Good idea having Rusty say "somebody yelled out at me"... hey ! One of the more memorable moments of the night, and there were many. It was a good night to have the "nuts" together again. See everyone again next weekend. I'll bring the strawberries.

Linda & Keith

Linda's chocolate covered strawberries were 'comin' by the dozens', and were a big hit. See you in a 'cup-of-days' !
Last edited by MsUp on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion