Poco Spans State Lines and Generations

Discuss the band.

Poco Spans State Lines and Generations

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:51 pm

I just wanted to tell this story and only those reading this board can truly appreciate this...

I left the craziness of Long Island after a grueling few weeks...typical stuff..work junk, family issues, ex issues.. and I just buried my beloved father-in-law.

So I took off to PA...I stopped for gas at a little station in the boon-docks of north NJ..a nice, young man (probably about 24 years old or so) waited on me. (New Jersey does not allow "self-serve" gas ANYWHERE)

As I glanced at him while he was pumping, I saw a beautiful tattoo on the inner portion of his forearm...it was the "running horse" logo..

I asked him if that was indeed what it was.."YES..and my dad has one too..we love the band"..A local artist had done a beautiful job on it. I told him about a "friend" who also had one similar...DAR, I was thinking of you..

I was playing "The Last Round-Up" cd in the car and proceeded to blast it. I them showed him my CD case, which of course is chock full of their music.

My kids were MORTIFIED to say the least..but he said "WOW..your are obsessed" !!
I guess I am.

That little encounter MADE MY DAY ! Just wanted to share with you all. See, POCO is loved in many states (and countries) and by many different age groups.
:D

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Return to Poco Discussion