Poco, Webb, and the Future

Discuss the band.

Re: Poco, Webb, and the Future

Postby cimarron » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Mike,

After being at the last two shows I can tell you Poco is not over! For an "old guy band" they sure kicked ass for the past two night. Maybe there are reasons that you don't know about as to why new music has not been recorded. Idon't quite understand why you think they should change the name of the band. They are still Poco singing Poco songs. Rusty has been there for 42 years and Jack for 25 years. It's not like they were Super Diamond a group that goes out and plays Neil Diamond songs.
Do you really think that it is Jimmy Messina on FB telling us about the lug nuts on Dusty or that Paul is making the posts on the Captain's Log?? When Rusty has something to say he says it. It took some time but some people figured out that there are two people posting as Cimarron.
cimarron

Postby bocanut » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Jack adds much to the group.

However, it is at least a slight stretch to say he has been with POCO for 25 years.
bocanut

Postby cimarron » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Rusty says it at every show. Maybe a slight stretch but if Rusty says so who are we to disagree??

Linda
cimarron

Postby bocanut » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm

I've been a fan since the beginning. We are all getting older. We sometimes remember things the way we want them to be.

AND

I thank Rusty for keeping the group alive for 42 years.
bocanut

Postby cimarron » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Amen to that.

Linda
cimarron

Postby MartinG » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 pm

cimarron wrote: It took some time but some people figured out that there are two people posting as Cimarron.

and at least three posting as "Slab City Suzie" !! :D
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby George Lawrence » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years. I'm taking a leave of absence to play with Lady GaGa and I will still have my tenure when I return. It's rather like being a member of congress for only one term who still gets a fully funded pension, except that instead of getting to get away with the taxpayer's money for being a crooked politician, we get to be poor musicians and claim that we were in the band the whole time. Or something like that. Plus tax.

bocanut wrote:I've been a fan since the beginning. We are all getting older. We sometimes remember things the way we want them to be.

AND

"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Postby Jimohara » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 pm

If you do, I am done with you! LOL!
Jimohara

Postby Straycat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 pm

[quote="George Lawrence"] I'm taking a leave of absence to play with Lady GaGa /quote]

You're slumming George-

This guy needs a drummer- jump on the bandwagon now!

Life is too short to listen to sh!tty music
Straycat

Postby duffyb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:36 pm

George Lawrence wrote:Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years. I'm taking a leave of absence to play with Lady GaGa and I will still have my tenure when I return. It's rather like being a member of congress for only one term who still gets a fully funded pension, except that instead of getting to get away with the taxpayer's money for being a crooked politician, we get to be poor musicians and claim that we were in the band the whole time. Or something like that. Plus tax.

bocanut wrote:I've been a fan since the beginning. We are all getting older. We sometimes remember things the way we want them to be.

AND

Hey NO POLITICS here, lol!

Seriouly, Lady GaGa? For real?
duffyb

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion