"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Re: Poco, Webb, and the Future

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:23 am

George Lawrence wrote:Yes.

duffyb wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:
Seriouly, Lady GaGa? For real?

cool,now we can call ya george"gaga" lawrence:)

Take the hook out of your mouth! :-)
Dar

Postby MsUp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:54 pm

George Lawrence wrote:Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years.

Every once in a while, I feel the need to speak up. I love you George, but Paul dedicated 40 human years of his life to Poco (not 38), and did not leave them to persue a solo career. He just made his first solo CD, while the 'original' members of Poco came together to create their 'Legacy' (he wasn't even allowed to record or play with 'his' band of brothers, on this 'very special project').
MsUp

Postby jerzeypocofan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm

MsUp wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years.

Every once in a while, I feel the need to speak up. I love you George, but Paul dedicated 40 human years of his life to Poco (not 38), and did not leave them to persue a solo career. He just made his first solo CD, while the 'original' members of Poco came together to create their 'Legacy' (he wasn't even allowed to record or play with 'his' band of brothers, on this 'very special project').

Exactly Claudia....that must have been a kick in the butt not to be a part of that project
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby wheland » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:50 pm

MsUp wrote:

Well to be even more precise- you're both wrong. Paul joined poco in October 1971 and left in March 2010 so it's a bit more than 38 but less than 39.

You are correct that Paul was not part of the Legacy project which was envisioned as a reunion of the 5 original members of Poco - and even George Grantham who was one of the original members was not allowed to play drums during the recording of the album. It would not have been a reunion of the 5 original members if Paul was part of it- and as you point out he was busy making his first solo album- "Changing Horses"- at the time anyway.

Dennis
wheland

Postby jerzeypocofan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:53 pm

wheland wrote:
MsUp wrote:

Well to be even more precise- you're both wrong. Paul joined poco in October 1971 and left in March 2010 so it's a bit more than 38 but less than 39.

You are correct that Paul was not part of the Legacy project which was envisioned as a reunion of the 5 original members of Poco - and even George Grantham who was one of the original members was not allowed to play drums during the recording of the album. It would not have been a reunion of the 5 original members if Paul was part of it- and as you point out he was busy making his first solo album- "Changing Horses"- at the time anyway.

Dennis

I surrender Dennis!
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 pm

wheland wrote:
MsUp wrote:

Dennis

i know for a fact,paul was asked to join by richie furay sept 13,1970........ and joined on this date.
Dar

Postby wheland » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Dar,

I stand corrected. I was wrong on the math. It was of course 1970 not 1971 when Paul joined Poco.

Mea culpa.

I however, stand behind my other comments.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:30 pm

wheland wrote:Dar,

I stand corrected. I was wrong on the math. It was of course 1970 not 1971 when Paul joined Poco.

Mea culpa.

I however, stand behind my other comments.

Dennis

see,i do know things,being close friends with the band helps:)
Dar

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:31 pm

jerzeypocofan wrote:
MsUp wrote:

Exactly Claudia....that must have been a kick in the butt not to be a part of that project

i know exactly how paul felt at this time:)
Dar

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion