Poco, Webb, and the Future

Discuss the band.

Re: Poco, Webb, and the Future

Postby MsUp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm

wheland wrote:Dar,
I stand corrected. I was wrong on the math. It was of course 1970 not 1971 when Paul joined Poco.
Mea culpa.
I however, stand behind my other comments.
Dennis

Well, I understood that Paul decided to do his first solo CD, only after he was let go from Poco. NICE !
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Dar wrote:

Well to be even more precise- you're both wrong. Paul joined poco in October 1971 and left in March 2010 so it's a bit more than 38 but less than 39.
Dennis[/quote]

i know for a fact,paul was asked to join by richie furay sept 13,1970........ and joined on this date.[/quote]

Very good, Dar, there are many smart Poconuts here. I will, from here on, refer to Paul's association with Poco, as 4 decades long, although 1970 to 2010 in most books would be considered 40 years (give or take a month).
MsUp

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:51 pm

MsUp wrote:
Dar wrote:

Well to be even more precise- you're both wrong. Paul joined poco in October 1971 and left in March 2010 so it's a bit more than 38 but less than 39.
Dennis

i know for a fact,paul was asked to join by richie furay sept 13,1970........ and joined on this date.[/quote]

Very good, Dar, there are many smart Poconuts here. I will, from here on, refer to Paul's association with Poco, as 4 decades long, although 1970 to 2010 in most books would be considered 40 years (give or take a month).[/quote]

thanx,me too,i have learned to trust your expertiese when it comes to music
Dar

Postby MsUp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

jerzeypocofan wrote:
MsUp wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years.

Every once in a while, I feel the need to speak up. I love you George, but Paul dedicated 40 human years of his life to Poco (not 38), and did not leave them to persue a solo career. He just made his first solo CD, while the 'original' members of Poco came together to create their 'Legacy' (he wasn't even allowed to record or play with 'his' band of brothers, on this 'very special project').

Exactly Claudia....that must have been a kick in the butt not to be a part of that project

Well, for sure, Paul Cotton will land on all fours, he has so many friends, around the country, just waiting to support his solo career, the PCB & the Illinois Speed Press. Hopefully, there will be some area house parties, as well.
MsUp

Postby Dar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Well, for sure, Paul Cotton will land on all fours, he has so many friends, around the country, just waiting to support his solo career, the PCB & the Illinois Speed Press. Hopefully, there will be some area house parties, as well.[/quote

lets hope.i would be there in a heartbeat!
Dar

Postby George Lawrence » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:23 pm

I stand corrected. Forty years it is. And, yes, Paul was let go from Poco before the Legacy project. His last date before that period was in early August of 1987. He and Rusty joined back up in mid 1992, so there was a period of about five years there that Paul was not in Poco.

MsUp wrote:
George Lawrence wrote:Jack started with Poco in 1985. 1985 to 2010 is twenty five years. We don't discount the sabbaticals and leaves of absence. :-) Paul was not in on the Legacy tour, but we still count all 38 years! That's 38 Poco years, kind of like dog years.

Every once in a while, I feel the need to speak up. I love you George, but Paul dedicated 40 human years of his life to Poco (not 38), and did not leave them to persue a solo career. He just made his first solo CD, while the 'original' members of Poco came together to create their 'Legacy' (he wasn't even allowed to record or play with 'his' band of brothers, on this 'very special project').
"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Postby MsUp » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 am

George Lawrence wrote:I stand corrected. Forty years it is. And, yes, Paul was let go from Poco before the Legacy project. His last date before that period was in early August of 1987. He and Rusty joined back up in mid 1992, so there was a period of about five years there that Paul was not in Poco.

MsUp wrote:

:roll: ... 'Our' new method of calculation, should protect your standing, and Jack's (don't forget, Poco went out with another bass player, Richard Neville, in the 90's and well all those 'Trio' shows....mmm).
MsUp

Postby RobRoberts » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:51 am

All I can say is I haven't been this excited to see Poco in a while. After about 10 shows in the last few years with the same set list and presentation I had reached an uncomfortable decision to not go out of my way to see my favorite band anymore.

Now I can't wait to travel somewhere like Nashville to see the show. New blood and change are always good...as long as you can roll with it.
RobRoberts

Postby JayBo308 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 am

Poco will never be over. If the band breaks up, changes its name; if rap music takes over the planet; if the whole universe implodes, Poco will not be over since Poco lives in the heart. Change, love, heartbreak--a lot of things are expressed in Poco's lyrics/music, and they'll continue on . . .
JayBo308

Postby woogie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I dont give a hoot what anyone else thinks, I'm gonna miss Paul Cotton singing alongside Rusty Young.Nothing is gonna change that for me.They complimented each other in so many ways that for me Poco just aint ever going to be the same.Sorry, and believe me I really am.I wish Rusty well in all he does,I love the guy.
Maybe it was time for a change, no new cd's were on the horizon, us fans not in the US had no chance to hear the band.I hope all works out well for Rusty and Paul,I am just so sad it all had to end and not appearing to be an amicable ending. :(
woogie

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion