Poco, Webb, and the Future

Discuss the band.

Re: Poco, Webb, and the Future

Postby Dar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 pm

[quote="woogie]I dont give a hoot what anyone else thinks, I'm gonna miss Paul Cotton singing alongside Rusty Young.Nothing is gonna change that for me.They complimented each other in so many ways that for me Poco just aint ever going to be the same.Sorry, and believe me I really am.I wish Rusty well in all he does,I love the guy.
Maybe it was time for a change, no new cd's were on the horizon, us fans not in the US had no chance to hear the band.I hope all works out well for Rusty and Paul,I am just so sad it all had to end and not appearing to be an amicable ending. :([/quote]
i am with you FULLY woogster!!!!!!
Dar

Postby kpkelsey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 pm

the concert monday was not the same without paul, clearly. however, i had more fun at that concert than i have ever had before. the music was different, but it was also GOOD. i loved it, and i would encourage you to give them a chance. go with an open mind and i think you'll be happily surprised.
kpkelsey

Postby Dar » Sat May 01, 2010 7:07 am

i never said i would not go and i do have an open mind, but alot of us agree,paul cotton was a huge part of poco and will be missed,wont be the same without him. besides the concerts so far are way too far for me and i cant go.......
Dar

Postby kpkelsey » Sat May 01, 2010 9:03 am

dar,

i wasnt speaking to you or to anyone in particular. it was just a general statement,

i went monday, but i almost didn't. it was an hour away after a long day at work with a client, and i was really tired. it was raining and i didn't have a jacket. but i went anyway because i finally decided that these guys deserved a chance. as it turned out, it was great. i'm glad i did it, and i would encourage others to go even if they are skeptical.

by the way, i miss paul, too. i kind of feel like i've had friends divorce. it hurts, but you keep on going.....
kpkelsey

Postby Dar » Sat May 01, 2010 1:13 pm

kpkelsey wrote:dar,

i wasnt speaking to you or to anyone in particular. it was just a general statement,

i went monday, but i almost didn't. it was an hour away after a long day at work with a client, and i was really tired. it was raining and i didn't have a jacket. but i went anyway because i finally decided that these guys deserved a chance. as it turned out, it was great. i'm glad i did it, and i would encourage others to go even if they are skeptical.

by the way, i miss paul, too. i kind of feel like i've had friends divorce. it hurts, but you keep on going.....
i understand, glad ya had a good time,i miss paul too,esp.cuz he is a GOOD friend of mine.and i LOVE his music
Dar

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon May 03, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm looking forward to the new line up. Can't wait to hear it. I'm hoping this will push Jack to the front more often. He'a a good song writer and an excellent singer. I look forward to his taking more of a role in the band. As long as Rusty is there it will always be Poco to me. Why is everyone so gloom & doom? Jack & Rusty can certainly carry the band and let's not short change (pun) Mike.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby Jeff Alexander » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I wouldn't fault Rusty for not posting himself on FB. I believe every once in a very blue moon he has posted on Poconuts. For a long time now, Poco have made themselves available at to the fans at the end of just about every show. Personally, my feeling is for guys who are on the road, and dealing with the realities of that, and having to be nice, patient, and loose, all day long before the show, it is a lot to ask. So many small acts do it today, it has become taken for granted. Poco was one fo the first bands to do this. and I saw them do it at some pretty good sized venues.
Life is far more complicated today than it was even ten years ago. Demands on everyone are greater. And demands on musicians are insane. Being creative & being a businessman, are at different ends of the spectrum.. But even with a team, musicians are forced to be businessmen. Today, the business of music is brutal, and all over the map. Me, I certainly could understand anyone not wanting to have to communicate with fans via the internet. The internet is a wonderful thing in many ways. But, prior to the digital age as we now know it, the world was a far more warm and fuzzy place. People had to be personal. There were less opportunites for instant interaction, but there were more opportunities for actual communication. The kind where you have to look someone in the eye and say what you mean.The music industry, flawed as it was, afforded musicinas more of an opportunity to just be musicians. The internet has created a situation where people think they have a right to communicate with musicians who are not household names. personally, i think it is unfortunate that it has come to that. Aliot of musicians are great down to earth people, and alot of them do become friends with some fans, but that is usually becuase of life circumstance, or a twist of fate. Internet dialogues can become tricky, and i wouldnlt fault rusty for not having the time and / or incilnation to do much posting.
Jeff Alexander

Postby cimarron » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

The excitement is there. I am guessing that you haven't been to see and hear the band since Paul left. If you had been to a show then you know that Poco kicks ass! As far as new music..have you heard "Neil Young Is Not My Brother'? Do you know that Poco is in the studio recording and that 20 lucky Poconuts will be going to Nashville soon to watch them record the new CD?

linda
"
cimarron

Postby _TM_ » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Saw the"new" thing June 2nd .....
In Spanish Poco means little.
In English, Poco means ..... change and continue being GREAT ...............
_TM_

Postby Quinn53 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:11 pm

I did think Poco was over when Paul left. Now, I think it was for the best. Paul has a lot of music he can do on his own. This line up cooks. It's like Poco magic, so I'm glad they have kept the name. This lineup is true to the spirit of pocology, the word that defines the place the band takes you. I thank Rusty for holding it together, and his bandmates for keeping it together.
Have a great night.
Quinn53

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion