fairfield tonight

Discuss the band.

fairfield tonight

Postby kpkelsey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 pm

i went to the concert tonight in fairfield, and i can honestly say that it was one of the best i've ever been to. no, it was not as polished as you would expect had these guys been playing together for a long time. however, it was FUN. they were having fun, and the audience had fun too.

i think rusty was battling a cold, because he had some challenges with his voice. he fought through it really well. i would have stayed another couple of hours because they were clearly having a great time. i cannot wait to see them again.

and no, michael webb is not paul. however, he has talents that play well with the other guys. his accordion on "hard country" took that song to a new place. i've never cared for that song too much. until tonight. the combination of jack's singing and the accompaniment was outstanding.

jack was singing better than ever, and enjoying himself. it really was great to see.

if you've been skeptical about the future of this band, i would encourage you to give them a chance. i did, and i am so glad. best night out i've had in a LONG time.

my daughter texted me during the concert: is it as good without paul?, and my answer was, "i hate to say it, but i think it might be better."
kpkelsey

Return to Poco Discussion