Three years ago today...my first Poco concert!

Discuss the band.

Three years ago today...my first Poco concert!

Postby Mystic » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 pm

It was three years ago today, July 7, 2006, that I saw my first Poco concert, after having been an active fan for over 30 years, but never having previously had the opportunity to see the guys live. I went up to see them at Blissfest, between Harbor Springs and Mackinaw City, Michigan, way out in the sticks of Michigan's lower peninsula. They came on at 10, last show of the day. It was like seeing gods up close, from the time they came on to set up the stage, to the time they kicked off with "Under the Gun," to closing with "Heart of the Night" and "If I Needed Someone." After that was the meet and greet, and the guys kindly signed albums and CDs and posed for pictures with me. It was truly one of the great experiences of my life, to see these wonderful guys up close and personal putting on a great show, and then afterwards to tell them how much their music has meant to me over the decades.

Thanks again, Poco, for all your fantastic music, and for being the great guys you are! I can't wait for the next show!
Mystic

Re: Three years ago today...my first Poco concert!

Postby severalpieces » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Well yeah and alright to you, Mystic !
Now you get out there and see some more shows !!! 8-)

Bev.
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby sjack80 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:51 am

Coincidence, almost. My first Poco show I believe was on the 1st of July three years ago at the Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield, CT. Pinmonkey played with them and the whole show was stellar. I was taken aback by Rusty's awesome talent.
sjack80

Postby ctlegend » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 am

Mystic,

That first Poco concert is something to behold.
But.... the shows get better and better.
Just when you have seen the best concert of your life, along comes a better one,
from Poco.
CT
ctlegend

Postby MsUp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 am

ctlegend wrote:Mystic,

That first Poco concert is something to behold.
But.... the shows get better and better.
Just when you have seen the best concert of your life, along comes a better one,
from Poco.
CT

Well said, lil' brother (with age has come wisdom).
My first Poco show was around 40 years ago, and I ran out to buy PUTP the very next day. They made me feel soooo good, and they still do just that. I'm enjoying these boyz even more today.

POCO ARE THE BOMB !
MsUp

Postby Dar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 pm

cool,mine was 26 years ago
Dar

Postby mason » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 am

my first poco show, was at the fillmore in san francisco, how ever long ago that was.
my next show in monterey, will be my 5th show. congratulations to us all.
mason

Postby Here In GR » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 am

Glad that I could be of help! I worked closely with the Bliss Fest for several years in order to bring them up there and WOW it was so successfull! They rented bicycles and rode all around Macinac Island! There must be a song in there somewhere. Pictures I took up there wound up on Rusty's steel page. Their audiance that night was about 4,000! Hundreds of people were DANCING and singing along on the sides, I'll bet they thought they would never see them LIVE before that. The crowd cheered when Rusty anounced a song fron 1968! Picken up the Pieces. Shake it turned into a JAM session on the way to Barbados. I asked Paul about this and he said "It sure surprised me! Jack sand Hard Country with just his accoustic guitar. The Bliss Fest starts THIS wekend again and Kathy Matea and John Jorgensen and many more will be up there. In the mean time POCO has been all over me about getting them another gig in Michgan. SOooo they're returning here on November 6th! LET's GO!!They havn't been here in Grand Rapids since their reunion tour 20 years ago. If anyone can make it up here the night before I will personaly take you all to see some of our fantastic LOCAL music!
Here In GR

Postby hiro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 am

I could see Poco live just once in 1990 Legacy Japan tour. Richie replaced by Jack on guitar. It's a high time to go to Japan with Richie?
hiro

Return to Poco Discussion