logging in over and over

Discuss the band.

logging in over and over

Postby Dar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 pm

anyone else having this problem?it asks if i want it to log me all the time,and its not working,help!
Dar

Re: logging in over and over

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Yes, it did that to me tonight.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby LJH » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Me too, I just had to log in again. I thought it was because I ran a bunch of security scans this morning & dumped cookies, etc.
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby admin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Folks,

I can't reproduce this problem on Firefox or Internet Explorer (or a few other browsers, actually). If it's still happening, could you post details about what browser (with version number) and operating system (Mac, Windows XP, Vista, etc) you're using. Also, the approximate time it happened would be helpful (including time zone).

Thanks,
Russell
admin
Site Admin

Postby MsUp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:58 pm

admin wrote:Hi Folks,

I can't reproduce this problem on Firefox or Internet Explorer (or a few other browsers, actually). If it's still happening, could you post details about what browser (with version number) and operating system (Mac, Windows XP, Vista, etc) you're using. Also, the approximate time it happened would be helpful (including time zone).

Thanks,
Russell

This only just started today, Russell. I wasn't having this problem, but I now need to log on every time, I want to post in 'The Community'. I use Internet Explorer to access Poconut.com, and most of the time from my home PC (Windows XP).
Thanks !
Claudia (aka MsUp)
MsUp

Postby LJH » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Same as MsUp, IE8, Windows XP Home; starting this evening (6:00 ish Mountain Time) I'm having to log in every time. But hey, at least that works! The old site never let me get that far, LOL!
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby Bogeyfire » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm on MAC OSX.4, Firefox
This forum is set as my homepage.
It also is NOT logging me in automatically.

On the login page, all my info is already filled in the User and Password fields, so all I have to do is hit "Login". However, I think it is Firefox adding the password info, not the forum.

Thanks Russell!
:!:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby admin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh, so the problem is that the browser stopped preserving your login info from session to session, right? Not that it's logging you out randomly while you are using the board?

So yes, the "log me on each time I visit" feature isn't working for me either -- I didn't notice the change because I don't normally use that feature.

If you're curious, I expect this is related to my taking the board off https (in order to stop the annoying security warnings about mixed content). I will be away from my computer over the weekend, but I will investigate this on Monday.

Thanks,
Russell
admin
Site Admin

Postby darrelp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:04 am

To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Except if you are building a website. Then, every improvement you implement "for the users", causes annoying little changes that can only be categorized as "unintended consequences".

I used to run a nice commercial website, and can well remember the good old days. :D

Keep your head up and keep on trying. Eventually you will be the one who led us to the Poconut promised land. You have done an excellent job and these things just happen.
darrelp

Postby Dar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:56 am

thanx all,i am using windows xp,i hate it! doesnt save my email addys ect..... hope this problem can get resolved,its a pain logging in everytime:(
Dar

Next

Return to Poco Discussion