United Breaks Guitars Video

Discuss the band.

United Breaks Guitars Video

Postby mcdtj » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:31 pm

This is must see viewing for those professional musicians who fly commercial airliners with their guitars.

Rusty, Paul and Jack, I know you all have similar experiences. You should contact the guy who did this video and offer to add psg and background vocals to his next one---look at the number of hits on this video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOq ... =topvideos
mcdtj

Re: United Breaks Guitars Video

Postby aceinoc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 pm

tim,

this one is blowing up. but i will say that if one wishes to check a guitar, and ATA case is the way to go, not just a standard hardshell.

united totally blew this one from a pr and marketing perspective...there are over 1.6 million views on youtube a few minutes ago...it is making local and national news on tv and print...and united is not using youtube nor twitter effectively to counter this video.

good for this guy for taking his story to the world. click on some the related videos that come up with this one...news commentary from australia...and on and on.

thanks for sharing...
'I don't know where we are going, but I'm on my way.'
aceinoc

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 pm

HA! That is a crack-up.
:mrgreen:
Finally, a protest song I can get behind. The best news is, he says he has two more songs to be released!
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby darrelp » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:17 am

I originally acquired "MY" guitar in 1971. It is a Conn acoustic, never saw another one, and has the sweetest sound I ever heard. Everyone I play with wants to play it. It is a part of my being.

I have always encourged children to play with it, other players to try it. It is a musical instrument and requires to be shared.

Other guitars have entered my life and remain in it, but none are "MY" guitar. My Conn and I grew up together. We understand each other.

If United, or anybody else, damaged "MY" guitar through total maliciousness, I would do more than write a song about it, though I think this was a pretty good song. Go dude! :D
darrelp

Postby AlexInRI » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Until recently all my acoustic guitars were of the "irreplaceable" variety. They were all instruments that meant a whole lot to me and I could never risk flying with them because of the theft/damage factor. A few months ago (on my way to a Poco show coincidentally enough) I found a great guitar store in Connecticut (GGuitars.com) and bought a mass produced instrument by Crafter that I love. Bought a road worthy hard shell case (the blow molded type with insulation) that I thought was indestructable. Came back from my Stagecoach trek and the case was destroyed by Southwest Airlines. Luckily the guitar was ok. I made Southwest pay me for the damage and I now take that guitar in a gig bag and put it in the overhead. Lesson learned.

Cool video. They messed with the wrong guy. And the comments that the song was the same as Bobby McGee, I think it's more like Willie Nelson's Me and Paul.
AlexInRI

Postby guitarbro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 pm

A saw the news do a feature on this video. Way to go United, no wonder your in deep crap. Learn to treat your customers well, and hire normal people to take care of people's baggage, then maybe you will become a legit airlines. :lol: :lol:
guitarbro

Return to Poco Discussion