LAUREL & HARDY DANCE VIDEO

Discuss the band.

Re: LAUREL & HARDY DANCE VIDEO

Postby litlfeat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 pm

studiogirl wrote:
litlfeat wrote:Were are the great comedians today.

Steven Wright is (obviously) one of my favorites. A little edgy sometimes, but never raunchy.

Wright IS very good!
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby darrelp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:54 am

I thought the first one was really funny, but the original was way better. The only thing missing was Buster Keaton. Did they ever do anything together?
darrelp

Postby Lonesomedave » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 am

darrelp wrote:I thought the first one was really funny, but the original was way better. The only thing missing was Buster Keaton. Did they ever do anything together?

As far as I can research, "The Great Stone Face" never worked with Laurel and Hardy. He was friends with and worked with Fatty Arbuckle and later with Jimmy Durante and he did some writing for the Marx Brothers but no mention of him working with L&H though it's possible they knew each other in the industry and by living in the Hollywood area.
Keaton's career had it's ups and downs but he remains one of the greatest actors America has ever produced and I was surprised to discover Jackie Chan was a great admirer and credits Keaton as a major influence on his own performing style.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion