S.I.U. SHOW

Discuss the band.

S.I.U. SHOW

Postby Cardinals » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am

Any ticket information out there?
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Ronald Reagan called those “the nine most terrifying words in the English language” -- and with good reason.
Cardinals

Re: S.I.U. SHOW

Postby TonySTL » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 am

Cardinals wrote:Any ticket information out there?

Since Edwardsville IL was the first place I ever saw Poco, I'd be interested in this show. Can't find information on the venue or tickets. If someone finds something, it would be greatly appreciated.
TonySTL

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 am

John/Tony,

I talked to Mary about this show a couple of weeks ago. She said this may be a free show. She told me to get back with her in a couple of weeks, which is right about now.

Hey Tony, the first time I saw Poco was at MRF too!!

Are you both planning on going to the SIUE show?

Donna
CoCoNut

Postby TonySTL » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:01 pm

CoCoNut wrote:John/Tony,

I talked to Mary about this show a couple of weeks ago. She said this may be a free show. She told me to get back with her in a couple of weeks, which is right about now.

Hey Tony, the first time I saw Poco was at MRF too!!

Are you both planning on going to the SIUE show?

Donna

Hmmm, the price is definitely right! <smile> Might be the opportunity to take my family to a Poco show. If it is some sort of special show, might explain why I can't find anything about it other than the dates. Are they playing at a frat party or something? TOGA!!

Not sure of the exact date that I saw Poco at MRF but it seems like early summer of '76 or '77. I know that they played there in previous years. I was at MRF for tons of shows in '78, '79, and '80 but many of those times are rather foggy.

Let me/us know what you find out.
TonySTL

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Tony, I'll try to see if I can get some more information and if I do, I will post it.
Hey, I saw Martin last week-end in Colorado at Richie's show and Poco.
I think I saw Poco the first time in 1970 or 71. I was 15 yrs old. Then the next time I saw them was when I was living in Colorado in 1975 or 76. I'm a little bit older than you :!: ;)
CoCoNut

Postby TonySTL » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 pm

CoCoNut wrote:Hey, I saw Martin last week-end in Colorado at Richie's show and Poco.:!: ;)

I'm sorry, I'm sure you still had a great weekend! <j/k Martin>

CoCoNut wrote:I think I saw Poco the first time in 1970 or 71. I was 15 yrs old. Then the next time I saw them was when I was living in Colorado in 1975 or 76. I'm a little bit older than you :!: ;)

You are a little bit older and there's a little bit of magic in the country music so you are still my little sister.
TonySTL

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:24 pm

TonySTL wrote:
CoCoNut wrote:Hey, I saw Martin last week-end in Colorado at Richie's show and Poco.:!: ;)

I'm sorry, I'm sure you still had a great weekend! <j/k Martin>
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CoCoNut wrote:I think I saw Poco the first time in 1970 or 71. I was 15 yrs old. Then the next time I saw them was when I was living in Colorado in 1975 or 76. I'm a little bit older than you :!: ;)

You are a little bit older and there's a little bit of magic in the country music so you are still my little sister.
CoCoNut

Return to Poco Discussion