60's Music--How it changed your life

Discuss the band.

Re: 60's Music--How it changed your life

Postby guitarbro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:08 am

So now we know Ace was a spoiled brat. Just kidding my friend. I believe in a lot of ways we did change things. We certainly changed music. We changed a decade. We changed. We were just out manned and out gunned. When we protested it had meaning and it had soul. Nowadays when I see certain groups protest it is weak and pathetic. It's more about getting there name in the press or there mug shown on the 6 o'clock news. We were one voice be it for a short time, but we were all about oneness and harmony. Peace gave way to hatred, but we didn't start the hatred that was caused by the same power hungry animals that run the country now. We learned about our rights under the Constitution. Now go ask some young kid if he even knows what his rights are. The answer will be NO! This is where we really failed the test.We were left with no choice but to roll over, to give up and give in. We had a dream and an idea, and it was a damn good one. Now if we could just instill that in our kids maybe we can live to see that success (be it limited) move forward.
guitarbro

Re: 60's Music--How it changed your life

Postby Lonesomedave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:19 am

aceinoc wrote:So I just read this whole thread and find it fascinating.
So Major (guitarbro), this is a wonderful thread and thanks for being a friend...

Peace my brother...

This is a great thread. Almost 70 posts, over 550 looks.
And some reflection and insight into, "Our" music and how it helped shape us as individuals and the changes it brought about in our society that are still being felt today.
I read recently where Britain's last survivor of WWI had died at age 111.
There will come a day when the last survivor of Woodstock, of the Viet Nam War, the last Beatle, will also be gone. Will history remember the music or the events or both? I'm sure in 1914-1918 there was popular music. Hit songs. WWII is often remembered for the music that helped people through that period of struggle and change. I wonder if our music was merely the sound of our generation and nothing more or was it the sound of a change in the course in history?
We changed our hair styles, our clothing, our language to follow what the musicians were doing but other generations before us did the same.
Future historians may well discount what we here hold so close in our minds as the sound of that change. But it's difficult to imagine a history written a hundred years from now ignoring the Beatles, Bob Dylan and Woodstock.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion