NPC: CSN Concert in AC 8-29-10

Discuss the band.

NPC: CSN Concert in AC 8-29-10

Postby wheland » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 pm

I just got back to the hotel from my first- and more than likely last- CSN concert.

It was one of the worst shows I've ever gone to and stayed as long as I did.

I was not the only person to think so- Esther thought so as well. If we had compared thoughts earlier we would have left earlier. In addition there were several others who voiced the same thoughts.

The sound mix was not right and that was multiplied by the fact that the sound level was at 12 on a scale of 1-10. I never knew CSN was a heavy metal band but that's what they sounded like to me most of the show. The acoustic songs were also at to high a level.

The best song we heard was actually a Rolling Stones song- Ruby Tuesday.

I expected problems with Stills vocals but there were also problems with Crosby and especially Nash.

I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the playing even at this show. There was no aspect that met my expectations based on past live shows I've heard on officially released shows or the boots Ihave of them.

I've been disappointed with the vocals of two other classic rock artists- Gordon Lightfoot and John Sebastian but Stills is by far the winner of this contest ( and Crosby and Nash were fighting for the prize tonight as well.

Things did not get better at the slots - I lost $ 40 of mine and $ 40 of my sister's money.

I did get a nice shirt, though.

Dennis
wheland

Return to Poco Discussion