Who Wants to Be Millionaire ???

Discuss the band.

Re: Who Wants to Be Millionaire ???

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:29 am

Dave, Oak Park High School doesn't have Hemingway as required reading? Shame on them. Did you study Frank Lloyd Wright in art class?

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby woogie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:00 pm

If you win Bev you will be my bestest friend in the whole wide world :lol:
woogie

Postby Naomipocofan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Good Luck, Beverlee! I want cake and ice cream if U win!
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Postby Cardinals » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:42 pm

That's Far Out !! Good Luck !
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Ronald Reagan called those “the nine most terrifying words in the English language” -- and with good reason.
Cardinals

Postby severalpieces » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Ok ... so, here's the thing ....
I was holding out until I had a final answer (ha!) and I got it in the mail today! I got my postcard telling me that I am now in the "Contestant Pool" !! Yippee!!

I had passed the test (did a couple of really good guesses, I guess ... more pop-culture then I had expected) .... you are allowed to get five wrong, but they don't tell you which and what the correct answer was !!!!! ARRGH! And, so, then, I was interviewed, photographed and sent home with a couple of Millionaire #2 pencils and a couple of fridge magnets and several pages of legalize. I was told that within a week or two, if I was selected as a 'contender' as it were, I would recieve a postcard telling me so.

And, so, I have ! And now, I wait. The new season begins in September.
Wish me luck!
:D :o 8-)
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Mystic » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Good luck!

I have expertise in ancient and medieval history and religion, btw, if you need a "phone a friend."
Mystic

Postby litlfeat » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Bev, are you really sure you want to be a millionare? Cool! I want to be your friend too!
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby TonySTL » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Great Bev, wishing you a good shot at it!

I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. Best in North American Sports history, Animals, mechanical engineering, Religion, The bible and it's geographical references, and a bit of genetics. Still retain too much information about PBS children's programming. =) Is the fact that I choke under pressure important?
TonySTL

Postby severalpieces » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:15 pm

TonySTL wrote:Great Bev, wishing you a good shot at it!

I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. Best in North American Sports history, Animals, mechanical engineering, Religion, The bible and it's geographical references, and a bit of genetics. Still retain too much information about PBS children's programming. =) Is the fact that I choke under pressure important?

I am in the same league... I know a little bit about a bunch of stuff, except pop culture apparently.
What I like about the show now is that they let you know with each level of question what the catergory is. Knowing in advance what you might need to dredge up should take a bit of the pressure off. Or, not.
Heck, I'd be totally stoked if I walked away with ten grand!
:D ;)
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby kroney » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Bev....evn if you go no further it sounds like you had a fun experience...Good luck going forward and don't forget about the taxes.
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion