Hello from a new forum member!

Discuss the band.

Re: Hello from a new forum member!

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:40 pm

MsUp wrote:Welcome to 'the nuthouse', pocomann . Take your shoes off, stay a while.
No mention of socks ?! :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby randall » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:42 pm

The socks fly off unintentionally.
randall

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:47 pm

randall wrote:The socks fly off unintentionally.

That's what they all say ! :D
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby slabcitysuzie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 pm

pocomann wrote: I suppose I was convinced that these band web sites were places where "groupies" hang out, so I'm looking forward to all of you proving to me that I was wrong!

Did someone mention groupies ? I'm there !
The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.
slabcitysuzie

Postby pocomann » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Jemrys7 wrote:Dear Kelly and All,

Welcome to the board, Kelly! We are so glad you are here.Like you in High School my favorite Bands were folk rock not rock 'n' roll. Peter, Paul & Mary and Simon & Garfunkel were my favorite Bands my first three years of High School. I loved folk rock. My senior year of High School was 1972 and I first encountered Loggins and Messina (which led me to research what other Bands Jimmy Messina had been a part of.) That's when I first found Poco! I like all their albums/CD's. I am most partial to Deliverin' and Seven and A Good Feelin' To know. I love Rose of Cimmaron and Cantamos and Head Over Heels also! My favorite songs are Magnolia; Heart of the Night; Angel; Kind Woman and When It All Began; Dallas and Bind My Ties and Hoedown.

Rose of Cimmaron, the LP/CD was really important to me in 1975 when it came out; I had just moved into an Aurora College Aurora, Illinois Dormatory on my own for the first time and that Album/CD really helped me keep homesickness at bay. They (Poco) were like my family and I could make it through the semester at College by playing their albums! Their music really has made a difference in my life! I am very happy being a "Poconut"! Jane Elizabeth Hames

Hi Jane,

Thanks for welcoming me! Interestingly, I have two sisters, Jane and Elizabeth! :D
I am happy to have found others who are as "nuts" about Poco's music as I am! My folks were still in Germany during my college days , far, far away in Utah. I couldn't take much with me. I only had by 60s Vintage Fender Jazz Bass, My Alexander French Horn,an open reel tape deck and and a few tapes of my favorites, but no LPs. After a couple years I was able put a stereo system together. I think the first LP I purchased while in college was "From the Inside". It was quite a departure from the previous Poco albums, but the more I listened, the more I liked it. I don't have many of the older, pre-CD era Lps on CD, so unfortunately, they don't get listened to as much these days. Between Lps and CDs I think I have most every album covered, other than a couple compilation CDs and the two latest live CDs, which are on my wish list. I like a lot of the same Poco tunes that you do, but then like just about anything Poco. I haven't seen much mentioned about Running Horse, which has grown on me. I like Jack's singing and song writing a lot, my favorite though, is the title song.

Pre-Poco I was a Buffalo Springfield fan, which split into basically two groups, I followed my favorites from that band and a Poconut was born!

Thanks again,

Kelly
pocomann

Postby pocomann » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks MsUP, the shoes are off!

Martin G and Randall, Socks? I don't need no stinkin' Socks! ;)
It's 101 F outside!

Kelly
pocomann

Postby pocomann » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:54 pm

slabcitysuzie wrote:
pocomann wrote: I suppose I was convinced that these band web sites were places where "groupies" hang out, so I'm looking forward to all of you proving to me that I was wrong!

Did someone mention groupies ? I'm there !

Ah, ha! See! I knew it! I knew it! :D

Thanks Suzie!
pocomann

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 pm

MartinG wrote:
MsUp wrote:Welcome to 'the nuthouse', pocomann . Take your shoes off, stay a while.
No mention of socks ?! :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MsUp

Postby janpocofan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Welcome POCOMANN !!

You will find lots of friends thru this website. It's so great talking to others who love POCO with that same "good Feelin" those guys have given us over the years and hopefully will for some years to come. Glad you are with us!

Janyce (Centreville, VA) :D :D
janpocofan

Postby greggroyce » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Welcome Pocomann. Heck we're almost neighbors as far as states go. I live in southern Colorado but have fond memories of Utah..Ogden mostly as my Dad worked for the
Union Pacific and we traveled there alot when I was a kid.

One of my not so fond memories was the time we took a Grayline tour to the Great Salt
Lake and I just had to jump in to see if you could really float. Unfortunately I didn't have a swimsuit only my cut-off shorts and had to ride on the bus back to town in wet saltwater soaked shorts. It didn't take long for the "salt" to start burning my..Well.. :o
nuff said. :oops: That's what ya get for being a 10 year old from "Nebraska".

It still was'nt enough to stop my love of "saltwater taffy"!

Once again welcome.
8-)
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion