Hello New Dear!
Looks like you're part of the family now ! Nuts and bolts and all !~
Coolio!
Bev~
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Re: Hello from a new forum member!

Postby TonySTL » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:55 am

Hey, I finally dragged my lazy butt over here to greet the new...old?? Nut! Your resume is right in line and your posts spark the memories and reasons why we are all here.

I noted one thing in an earlier post:

"I gave my wife "Rose of Cimmeron for her birthday, when we first met, that was in Heidelberg. So that one has special meaning to me too!"

I don't know if travel is an option but you should know that on October 2/3, 2009, Poco will perform the entire ROC album with some guest musicians at the Wildwood Springs Lodge in Steelville MO. www.WildwoodSpringsLodge.com

Rusty and his bride, Mary, live in the area and Wildwood Springs lodge has become a homecoming of sorts for some pretty memorable weekends of music and Poco-fellowship.

Again, welcome!!

Tony and PocoMutt
TonySTL

Postby pocomann » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 pm

janpocofan wrote:Welcome POCOMANN !!

You will find lots of friends thru this website. It's so great talking to others who love POCO with that same "good Feelin" those guys have given us over the years and hopefully will for some years to come. Glad you are with us!

Janyce (Centreville, VA) :D :D

Thanks Janyce, for the warm welcome! I'm very happy to be here!
BTW, born in Alexandria, Va. 3 siblings live in Va. My brother lives in Stafford, but did live in Centreville at one time. Two sisters in Richmond.

Kelly
pocomann

Postby pocomann » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 pm

greggroyce wrote:Welcome Pocomann. Heck we're almost neighbors as far as states go. I live in southern Colorado but have fond memories of Utah..Ogden mostly as my Dad worked for the
Union Pacific and we traveled there alot when I was a kid.

One of my not so fond memories was the time we took a Grayline tour to the Great Salt
Lake and I just had to jump in to see if you could really float. Unfortunately I didn't have a swimsuit only my cut-off shorts and had to ride on the bus back to town in wet saltwater soaked shorts. It didn't take long for the "salt" to start burning my..Well.. :o
nuff said. :oops: That's what ya get for being a 10 year old from "Nebraska".

It still was'nt enough to stop my love of "saltwater taffy"!

Once again welcome.
8-)

Thanks Greg! I've been to Pagosa Springs and Durango. Where are you in Southern Colorado? Hope the weather hasn't been as hot there as in Utah. It's been in the 100s F the past few days.

Ogden is were I went to college -- Weber State. And speaking of the UP, that's another love of mine -- Railroads. Love photographing trains. BTW, is Paul a railroad fan? "Every Time I Hear that Train" made me wonder.

Ouch! Hope there was no long-term salt damage!

Kelly
pocomann

Postby pocomann » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:52 pm

TonySTL wrote:Hey, I finally dragged my lazy butt over here to greet the new...old?? Nut! Your resume is right in line and your posts spark the memories and reasons why we are all here.

I noted one thing in an earlier post:

"I gave my wife "Rose of Cimmeron for her birthday, when we first met, that was in Heidelberg. So that one has special meaning to me too!"

I don't know if travel is an option but you should know that on October 2/3, 2009, Poco will perform the entire ROC album with some guest musicians at the Wildwood Springs Lodge in Steelville MO. http://www.WildwoodSpringsLodge.com

Rusty and his bride, Mary, live in the area and Wildwood Springs lodge has become a homecoming of sorts for some pretty memorable weekends of music and Poco-fellowship.

Again, welcome!!

Tony and PocoMutt

Hi Tony and PocoMutt!

Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the tip on the Wildwood Concert! Yes travel is an option and I'd love to attend that concert. I'll have to see what's going on for us in Oct. and see if I can talk the wife into going. Is the venue small? I have the impression that it is -- and that is a good thing.

Thanks again,

Kelly

T
pocomann

Postby pocomann » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:56 pm

severalpieces wrote:Hello New Dear!
Looks like you're part of the family now ! Nuts and bolts and all !~
Coolio!
Bev~

Thanks Bev! What is that gizmo in the photo! Looks like something I need! ;)

Kelly
pocomann

Postby TonySTL » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:01 pm

pocomann wrote:[
Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the tip on the Wildwood Concert! Yes travel is an option and I'd love to attend that concert. I'll have to see what's going on for us in Oct. and see if I can talk the wife into going. Is the venue small? I have the impression that it is -- and that is a good thing.

Thanks again,

Kelly

T

Kelly, the lodge bills their shows as "Living room" concerts. Anything over about 250 is getting pretty crowded there but you can still get around pretty easy. There is usually an abundance of PocoNuts and other get togethers when we're not at the show. The crowd is enthusiastic but obnoxious is not usually tolerated.
If you do make plans, I'd suggest flying into St. Louis and planning about a 2 hour drive from there. You can also fly into Springfield MO (same highway, different directions). Plenty of information on their web site.

There will probably be a Wildwood Thread popping up soon!
TonySTL

Postby pocomann » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks Tony,

Sounds perfect! We would be flying to STL (Delta direct from SLC).

Kelly
pocomann

Postby TonySTL » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:02 am

pocomann wrote:Thanks Tony,

Sounds perfect! We would be flying to STL (Delta direct from SLC).

Kelly

Great. Look forward to meeting another fan of a great band. I'm still trying to work out some things and as far as I know, I'll be there. Friday/Saturday/Both...TBD
TonySTL

Postby hiro » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Welcome aboard, Kelly!
This is a great place with great people for music fans not only for Poco. I'm in Tokyo, Japan. There're Poco fans all over the world.
hiro

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion