Jack's Bass.....A Question?

Discuss the band.

Re: Jack's Bass.....A Question?

Postby fenderbass57 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Cool topic, love those Lakland's!!! Thanks!
fenderbass57

Postby Mystic » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:03 pm

randall wrote:You just gotta love the members of Poco. Thanks jack

Yes, I do love these guys! they are the greatest!
Mystic

Postby kroney » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Of course we all know what a special band this is......It's so nice to know that they care enough about us to take the time to address some of our issues.....even George L. , as tough as he comes across from time to time it is great that he interacts with us even though his schedule has to be hectic between the band,the drum shop (both physical and internet) as well as the magazine.
Whether it's playing a special request for Cowboy, giving a nod to the passing of Zog, joining 3part and her band for some fun, doing kind things for Naomi, answering my curious question....I could go on and on....these guys are so very special. It's no wonder that we spend so much of our time here....and I wonder what it will be like for us when it all ends......
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby randall » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I just got this real empty feeling in my heart
randall

Postby LJH » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:27 pm

kroney wrote:....these guys are so very special. ....and I wonder what it will be like for us when it all ends......

Gasp! It can't end, I forbid it!
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby MsUp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm

jack wrote:I played 4-string bass for almost 35 years before I got my first 5-string. It took me about a year to get really comfortable on the 5-string. The old brain didn't want to change.. But once I got it, I loved it. Especially with the Lakland 5. It's a beautiful instrument and I enjoy having the extra low notes.

Then when I picked up the Lakland "Duck Dunn" 4-string - it felt like going home. It's a great fit for me. I have kind of small hands for a bass player and the neck is scaled just right - very similar to the 1965 Fender Jazz Bass that I played for about 30 years (I traded a guy even-up for a 1965 Dodge). Also, the tone is remarkably reminiscent of all the funky old Fender basses I cut my teeth on. And best of all - for me, it's just more fun to play.

BTW, Bo - how was NAMM? All of you guitar players out there, check out hansonguitars.com. Great new guitar line from our friend Bo!

Whether 4 stings, or 5 strings, you still da man !
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:33 pm

LJH wrote:
randall wrote:You just gotta love the members of Poco. Thanks jack

No kidding - how many other band sites would get a forum question answered by the actual musician? Thanks Jack - four strings or five, you rock!

All the members of Poco read this board. I'm guessing not everyday, but as you can see the questions are directed to whomever, and we generally get cool replies. Poco love and respect their fans, and we feel the same about them.
MsUp

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion