Has anyone found anything on Midnight Special?

Discuss the band.

Re: Has anyone found anything on Midnight Special?

Postby Dar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:13 am

jonr wrote:
Dar wrote:i remember poco singing "settlin down,and good feeling to know" on it

That wasn't Midnight Special, it was In Concert.... They were on Midnight Special in January, 1975 ( Cantamos Stuff) and January, 1976 (Head Over Heels Stuff).... They were also on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert in 1976 (Rose Stuff)

oops,thats right,thanx jon
Dar

Postby musicclown » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Is this youtube clip of GFTK from the In Concert show. At the very end In Concert logo pops up. Great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYuHvvBd5H0

The Don Kirshner collection had been bought by some Archive company. They say they will be remastering the tapes. Ironically Don Kirshner started the In Concert series before he sold it to Dick Clark.

Don't forget Musik Laden. The America dvd from their no audience show from 1975 is great.
musicclown

Postby guitarbro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:03 pm

I saw last night on PBS that they are selling the dvds. So I'm sure they will be out soon, and cheaper then PBS
guitarbro

Postby mikec63 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey Guitarbro. What did you see on PBS? I think the youtube is from ABC's In Concert. She has both cuts from In Concert. I have emailed her and asked her to send me a copy. If I get it I will send it out to people that want it.
mikec63

Postby kroney » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:54 pm

musicclown wrote:Is this youtube clip of GFTK from the In Concert show. At the very end In Concert logo pops up. Great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYuHvvBd5H0

The Don Kirshner collection had been bought by some Archive company. They say they will be remastering the tapes. Ironically Don Kirshner started the In Concert series before he sold it to Dick Clark.

Don't forget Musik Laden. The America dvd from their no audience show from 1975 is great.

Looks like In Concert....didn't they simulcast the shows via local FM stations?

Also, speaking of Dick Clark....I'd love to get a copy of the Rovin' Kind (Paul and Kal) appearances on American Bandstand.....I won't be holding my breath over that!
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby mikec63 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:51 am

Yes, They did. On ABC Radio stations
mikec63

Postby guitarbro » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:35 am

mikec63 wrote:Hey Guitarbro. What did you see on PBS? I think the youtube is from ABC's In Concert. She has both cuts from In Concert. I have emailed her and asked her to send me a copy. If I get it I will send it out to people that want it.

What I saw on PBS was the complete series of Midnight Special. It was way to pricey for me. PBS always jacks up prices because they rely on donations.
guitarbro

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion