Has anyone found anything on Midnight Special?

Discuss the band.

Has anyone found anything on Midnight Special?

Postby mikec63 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:30 am

I am still looking. Has anyone came up with anything?
mikec63

Re: Has anyone found anything on Midnight Special?

Postby guitarbro » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:42 am

If you know anything about Don Kirshner you will know why you can't find anything. He is the west coast eqivelent to Alan Klein
guitarbro

Postby DaddyMc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am

guitarbro wrote:If you know anything about Don Kirshner you will know why you can't find anything. He is the west coast eqivelent to Alan Klein

Midnight Special was Burt Sugarman. It was on NBC after Carson, and Rock Concert (or was it In Concert, I forget) was on ABC. I preferred Kirshner's show because the musicians just played, no comedy spots, no sappy intros. However, I just saw an infomercial for a six dvd set of Midnight Special that I am thinking about buying. The first disc is $9.95 and then you get one per month for $19.95. Lotta good stuff on there, it appears from the infomercial. I know Poco was on Midnight Special and SHF was on In Concert. Did Poco ever appear on In Concert? I would love to see that old footage restored and released...
I remember that B.B. King and Dr. John were on In Concert quite a lot. Also, I remember seeing Hot Tuna on In Concert and also L&M. The episode with Loggins and Messina also featured Billy Preston and both were in excellent form...

Daddy Mc
DaddyMc

Postby schewman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 pm

I Remember seeing Poco on one of those late night music shows doing Sagebrush Serenade. In the beginning of the video they showed the album cover and then the band with the stage they were playing on exactly like the album cover. Very clever. I'm surprised that nobody has posted that on Youtube.That is of coarse unless I might of dream it happening instead of it really happening. It was so long ago........... I hope I recalled that correctly.
schewman

Postby Dar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:05 pm

i remember poco singing "settlin down,and good feeling to know" on it
Dar

Postby greggroyce » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I found a list of performers on the show through the years..I didn't find Poco but
perhaps I missed it on the list. :roll:
Last edited by greggroyce on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby guitarbro » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Oops your right. Well both are equally as bad in my book

DaddyMc wrote:
guitarbro wrote:If you know anything about Don Kirshner you will know why you can't find anything. He is the west coast eqivelent to Alan Klein

Midnight Special was Burt Sugarman. It was on NBC after Carson, and Rock Concert (or was it In Concert, I forget) was on ABC. I preferred Kirshner's show because the musicians just played, no comedy spots, no sappy intros. However, I just saw an infomercial for a six dvd set of Midnight Special that I am thinking about buying. The first disc is $9.95 and then you get one per month for $19.95. Lotta good stuff on there, it appears from the infomercial. I know Poco was on Midnight Special and SHF was on In Concert. Did Poco ever appear on In Concert? I would love to see that old footage restored and released...
I remember that B.B. King and Dr. John were on In Concert quite a lot. Also, I remember seeing Hot Tuna on In Concert and also L&M. The episode with Loggins and Messina also featured Billy Preston and both were in excellent form...

Daddy Mc
guitarbro

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 am

<<Did Poco ever appear on In Concert? I would love to see that old footage restored and released...>>

Yes, they were on the very first ABC's In Concert in 1972
jonr

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 am

Dar wrote:i remember poco singing "settlin down,and good feeling to know" on it

That wasn't Midnight Special, it was In Concert.... They were on Midnight Special in January, 1975 ( Cantamos Stuff) and January, 1976 (Head Over Heels Stuff).... They were also on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert in 1976 (Rose Stuff)
jonr

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:49 am

schewman wrote:I Remember seeing Poco on one of those late night music shows doing Sagebrush Serenade. In the beginning of the video they showed the album cover and then the band with the stage they were playing on exactly like the album cover. Very clever. I'm surprised that nobody has posted that on Youtube.That is of coarse unless I might of dream it happening instead of it really happening. It was so long ago........... I hope I recalled that correctly.

Yes you remember correctly! That was Midnight Special
jonr

Next

Return to Poco Discussion