POCO in Natick, MA

Discuss the band.

POCO in Natick, MA

Postby jpc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Good show last night! Who's idea was it to have the band drive from Jim Thorpe, PA to Boston and perform the same day? VETO.
jpc

Re: POCO in Natick, MA

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:01 pm

jpc wrote:Good show last night! Who's idea was it to have the band drive from Jim Thorpe, PA to Boston and perform the same day? VETO.

Yes, there was a bit of a delay in starting, however, I believe that Poco's performance spoke for it's self. Not being locals, and unfamiliar with all the snags along the way (reduced lanes on bridge crossings, all the road repairs and traffic hot spots), Poco did encountered severe travel tie-ups. It's happened to all of us, and on any other day, 5 hours would have gotten them from, Jim Thorpe, Pa. to Natick, Ma. with time to spare, for a pleasant dinner and maybe a short rest. Our boyz more than made up for their 20 minute delay, and then had cold pizza for dinner.

Thank you, beautiful Poco !
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:08 pm

In spite of the late start, Poco gave their all, last night, in Natick, Ma., belting out 21 winners in a row. It was a very cool venue, with a mellow vibe, great sound, and 'a band' that old friends and new friends would love... While we are on the subject of friends, thanks again to Keith and Linda, for opening their home, and for helping Mary Young at the merch. table (I had a 'hot' dinner, in more ways than one, with Linda, Keith & KeithC), great to see JonR (not quite down to earth, yet, from his evening at CitiField with Macca), the lovely GeorginaR, Sharon (hope Marc is feeling better soon), Mark & Deb, very nice meeting bigpocofan, and JK222. And a very special thank you to Poco, for traveling so long, and so far to bring your brand of ALIVE music to the great Northeast, we truly appreciate your efforts, and your enormous talent.

sockless Claudia (aka 'your MsUp')

SET LIST
Call It Love
Rose Of Cimarron
Indian Summer
Shake It / Barbados
Cajun Moon
A Child's Claim To Fame
Kind Woman
A Good Feelin' To Know
SHORT BREAK
Keep On Tryin'
Crazy Love
Bad Weather
Hard Country
A Little Rain Don't Bother Me
MIDNIGHT RAIN (thank you sooo much, for that one, Poco)
Pickin' Up The Pieces
Grand Junction (the smokin' version)
Spellbound
Heart Of The Night
Honky Tonk Downstairs
ENCORE
On The Way Home

Poco mixed it up a bit, with the above set list. Thanks to today's birthday boy, KeithC, for taking the time to write ALMOST all of them down.
Last edited by MsUp on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 am

Ya missed one! A smokin' "Grand Junction" after PUTP...... Also Claudia, the incredibly detailed stories that Rusty told last night between songs ("Hey Joey Bishop, we're Poco, put us on your show!") (Rusty's groovy rock and roll outfit!) ( Stills' KFC bucket!) were highlights too! Still on my Macca/Poco high! Wadda weekend!
jonr

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 am

jonr wrote:Ya missed one! A smokin' "Grand Junction" after PUTP...... Also Claudia, the incredibly detailed stories that Rusty told last night between songs ("Hey Joey Bishop, we're Poco, put us on your show!") (Rusty's groovy rock and roll outfit!) ( Stills' KFC bucket!) were highlights too! Still on my Macca/Poco high! Wadda weekend!

Well, now that you started, Jon, everyone's gonna want the full stories. Believe me, they were some very cool stories (Rusty is getting so good at stand-up / sit-down, maybe, he could consider a new 'life's work' ? .... naaaaaa). I knew they did a smokin' Grand Junction, but it wasn't on Keith's list and I didn't catch it. The legendary JonR comes to the rescue, thanks buddy.

P.S. In the future, we may have to add Rusty's recollections to the set list ('inquiring nuts' will want to know things like 'when did he tell the KFC bucket story ?' or 'did he tell the rabbit joke ?'). And let's not forget Jack's funny anecdotes, and even Paul pulls one out of his hat 'now & zen' (i.e. I had a paper route, when I wrote that one, not saying what kind of papers !%$@? - LOL)
MsUp

Postby cimarron » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Claudia,
A great weekend of fun, friends and travel. We had a good time singing in the car, it made the trip go faster, and running to the sound checks....I'm going to miss the sacrifice!!!! That picture will always be in my mind. Be safe on your trip to The Keys,lucky you. No Poco until August...what will we do? We'll have to settle for Sir Paul on Tuesday.

Linda & Keith
cimarron

Postby cimarron » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Jon,
Maybe Rusty could add that story as the chicken joke?? Thanks for the songs from Macca. "Yesterday" was a special treat down memory lane. We'll have to get a Poco/Disney fix before August. Tell Georgina to bring extra wine.

Linda & Keith
cimarron

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am

<<Well, now that you started, Jon, everyone's gonna want the full stories. >> Easy way to hear them: go to a Poco show!
jonr

Postby Dar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:18 am

sounds like a fun time
Dar

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

jonr wrote:<<Well, now that you started, Jon, everyone's gonna want the full stories. >> Easy way to hear them: go to a Poco show!

EGGSACTLY !
MsUp

Next

Return to Poco Discussion