Orlando Show- poconut roll call

Discuss the band.

Re: Orlando Show- poconut roll call

Postby Jimohara » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 am

Great time last night. Met up with Dennis, and Bill "Lumby" at Smokey Bones then saw Doug at the theatre. My Buddy Wayne really came through for us. We were front row center. PPL played a fantastic set to open the show after Matt Butcher warmed us up. Matt really embarrased an idiot talking on his cell phone in the front row in the middle of one of his songs. He stopped and said "There is a guy actually talking on a cell phone in the front row" and asked the guy. "Have you not ever been to a concert before sir"? He then said, "This instrumental part is really good I want you to hear it sir".It was classic.

Poco was tight as ever, I know Wayne wrote down the set list, so I will let him post that. They changed it up a little from the last couple of times we saw them. Wayne and I had Poco hats on and Rusty mentioned it and asked if we bought them in the lobby. Wayne said he did. I bought one after the show for my friend Mac in Tampa that could not make it. Looks like they came close to selling everything out last night. I know I bought the last hat.

From the reports in Tampa, I guess I made the right choice going 80 miles to the Orlando show. The sound was fantastic at the Plaza.

It was a great time, thanks again to Wayne for the great seats. They were awesome.
Jimohara

Postby dennis0226 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 am

Nice to finally meet you Jim. My sentiments exactly. What a great show. PPL was tight sounding and mixed it up a little. And of course, Poco blew everyones socks off. The three solos ( a little rain- Rusty- dobro, Paul Bad Weather on his new baby- white falcon and Jack on hard country) were all awesome. My only regret is I had to scoot right after and missed the meet/greet. Mary and Caroline were as gracious as ever at the merch. table prior to the show. Looked like sales were steady.
Lumpy, see you again hopefully soon.
Dennis
dennis0226

Postby lumpyryder » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:21 am

Well like jim and dennis said the show last nite in orlando was absolutly great sound mix. I got to meet both jim and wayne before the show at smokey bones a nice rib restaurant where i also met up with dennis and his sons and brother. Here is a partial set from what i can remember which like rusty's memory is fading with age. He almost forgot to play Call It Love and then appoligized and said it must have something to do with getting old. Under the Gun , Rose of Cimmaron , Shake It/Barbados , Bad Weather, Hard Country,Call It Love, Magnolia,A Little Rain (rusty's new one),Heart of the Night(encore), and i am sure i missed a couple of others. Maybe waynes list will be more complete when he posts it.
lumpyryder

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 am

I was kinda mesmerized at how good the band sounded and Paul's new, very flashy, white Gretsch guitar so I may have forgot to write one down, but this is what I have:
1. Under The Gun
2. Call It Love
3. Rose of Cimarron
4. Indian Summer
5. Shake It
6. Barbados
7. Good Feelin' To Know
8. Bad Weather - Paul solo
9. Hard Country - Jack solo
10. New song - is it called The Rain Don't Bother Me ? - Rusty solo
11. Crazy Love - Rusty almost skipped playing this one, he had to be reminded !
12. Magnolia
13. Heart of the Night

The guys have really changed up the set list since I last saw them. The sound was excellent and we had great seats.
It was good to meet up with my old Friend Jim O for the first time in several months. I had a great time and we got to meet Dennis & Lumpyrider at Smokey Bones and we saw Doug at the venue. From what I can tell, it was a sold out show. Lots & Lots of Pocofans !
The PPL set was excellent as well.
In hindsight, the only complaint I have is the night passed much too fast !
Wayne

Postby MsUp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 pm

I feel better, now that I've read about the boyz in Orlando. I'm surprised they didn't do the acoustic part with; Pickin' Up The Pieces, Grand Junction, A Child's Claim To Fame (that's become a staple). Any encore/s ?

Thanks for the set list Wayne, and for all the positive comments from Dennis, Lumpy & Jim. August is gonna be a loooong month (what's the Northeast to do ?).
MsUp

Postby Jimohara » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Nope, no solo, the Poconuts gave them a standing ovation for quite awhile but they never came back out. I think they were whipped it was almost 11:45 when Heart of the Night ended. You could see it in Pauls face as we walked back stage. It was all good though.
Jimohara

Postby Wayne » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:34 pm

As sorry a photographer as I am, I posted my pictures from last night on Flicker if anyone cares to look at them. I guess I didn't have it set properly to work with no flash.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8526301@N07/sets/
Wayne

Postby MsUp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 am

Wayne wrote:As sorry a photographer as I am, I posted my pictures from last night on Flicker if anyone cares to look at them. I guess I didn't have it set properly to work with no flash.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8526301@N07/sets/

Thanks for sharing, Wayne, your pictures are very nice !
The boys look like they were having fun (the boyz on stage & the nutz).
MsUp

Postby Dar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 pm

yes,thanx,looks like a great time
Dar

Postby kroney » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Thought the pictures were excellent Wayne....Why no Poco video?
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion