Discuss the band.

What are you smoking over here?

Postby darrelp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:59 am

I usually smoke tobacco still, but I'm not religious about it. :D

I just thought I'd advance the topics to include one more vice. :roll:
darrelp

Re: What are you smoking over here?

Postby wini » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 am

Oh, how politically incorrect! I've been rolling my own since about 30 years now. Used to smoke a Dutch band called 'DRUM', but have now converted a to less expensive domestic brand called 'NELSON'. I do prefer 'Halfzware' over 'American Blend' - they have a fuller taste.
wini

Postby bigpocofan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

the very occasional half j
emagina.com

Imagine the enigma of meaning.
bigpocofan

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am

I had quit for years as I have mild asthma, usually related to allergies, however when I was stationed in Italy and Germany I could get Cuban cigars and Gauloises Blondes. And I'd smoke when I drank beer or wine and in those two countries I drank a lot of both. I haven't smoked in years except an ocassional cigar in NYC. I'd like to buy a box of Cubans but they'd go stale before I smoked them all and they're about $150.00 a box.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 am

I smoke a pipe. A special mixture called Cake Box from Arnold's Tobacco Shop in NYC. They UPS it out to the island. I have an account. Smoke an occassional cigar. Never smoked cigarettes, never liked pot.

Dr. Galvin
Last edited by DrMichaelGalvin on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby jimmym » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:46 am

I used to smoke cigars like they were candy. I started smoking cheap ones, then I found out about the more expensive ones. Then I discovered the joys of a good Cuban. I spent way to much money on those things, I had a couple of humidors. I had to give it all up after having a couple of bad heart attacks. I will never do it again, but from time to time I smell someone smoking a good cigar and I can just about tell what kind it is without even looking! There is nothing like a good cigar...I miss them everyday....

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby woogie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 am

I quit about 6 years ago. Had smoked for a good 40years.After numerous attempts I used the patches and it worked for me.
I can never say never as you dont know what's round the corner.I used to love smoking my meeerschaum pipes wow they were something else.I would smoke them again but dare not because I know I would eventually get back on the cigarettes and man I dont want to do that.For one thing I cant afford them. :)
woogie

Postby kroney » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am

Asthma=No Smoke!!! The only good thing about it !!!! Oh yea...It also kept me out of the things I didn't want to do in H.S. Gym class.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby hank » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:05 am

Pipe smoker here, usually natural tobaccos like a plain Virgina blend or slightly sweetend. I also like a fine caribian cigar, especially in the summertime.
Cuban cigars are a little overrated IMO, but when it comes to Havannas I prefer Montechristo or Partagas No4. Check out Padron cigars from Nicaragua if you get the chance. Here´s a link to my favourite tobacco shop: www.falkum.de
hank

Postby randall » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Padron Silver annevisarios. Use to be my vice. Would pick them up in Little Havana in Miami. The Padron hand roll shop is located on SW 8 st.
randall

Next

Return to Poco Discussion