Just heard HOTN at the grocery store!

Discuss the band.

Just heard HOTN at the grocery store!

Postby Mystic » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Barely fifteen minutes ago I was at my local grocery store picking up some taco sauce, when over the store sound system, I'm not sure if it was musak or the radio, I heard "Heart of the Night." I heard the opening notes of Rusty's psg and knew immediately what it was, of course, and I choked up and almost began crying. I wanted to tell the checkout guy, "Hey! This is one of my favorite songs! My favorite band! I know these guys! I love these guys!" And I was wearing my Poco baseball cap, too! It made my day! and of course, I couldn't leave the store until the song was over!

I love these guys, I really do! :D
Mystic

Re: Just heard HOTN at the grocery store!

Postby Dar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:22 pm

8-)
Dar

Postby randall » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 pm

I do the same thing when I hear one at the supermarket.. :D
randall

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:06 pm

I've heard, Crazy Love at our Ingles store. And a few unexpected Byrds tunes as well.
I'm the kind of person who sings along with the song regardless, if it's a favorite.
I can't wait for them to play, "Won't Get Fooled Again" one day.....

"YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby jonr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Heard "Rose" on XM on the way back from the Natick show Sat. night, Crazy Love in a hotel lobby last night, and EL TONTO!! on XM on the way back last night. "Cause I got the same, fro-o-om you!!!!"
jonr

Postby DaddyMc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:36 pm

I was floored when I walked thru the doors at the convenient store near my house last weekend and heard the first note of that great riff that is SHF's "Fallin' In Love!"

Daddy Mc
DaddyMc

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:I'm the kind of person who sings along with the song regardless, if it's a favorite.
I can't wait for them to play, "Won't Get Fooled Again" one day.....

"YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL I'd pay to witness THAT!

Some day when you come to visit the west coast, we absolutely MUST do the "sing along at the store" tour...the Scolari's (supermarket) on Milpas Street, Trader Joe's (any one), and the Ralphs on De La Vina (in the Jensen Music shopping center). They have the best Muzak!!! I always hear Buffalo Springfield, Poco, Joni Mitchell, surf music and 50s doo-wop. Makes shopping fun!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Naomipocofan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Coool!
Believe it or not, I was a a factory-outlet mall in NJ back in the early ninties, and I heard Indian Summer!
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:08 am

DaddyMc wrote:I was floored when I walked thru the doors at the convenient store near my house last weekend and heard the first note of that great riff that is SHF's "Fallin' In Love!"

Daddy Mc

That's got to be the winner here! Wow!
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby MsUp » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 am

Mystic wrote:Barely fifteen minutes ago I was at my local grocery store picking up some taco sauce, when over the store sound system, I'm not sure if it was musak or the radio, I heard "Heart of the Night." I heard the opening notes of Rusty's psg and knew immediately what it was, of course, and I choked up and almost began crying. I wanted to tell the checkout guy, "Hey! This is one of my favorite songs! My favorite band! I know these guys! I love these guys!" And I was wearing my Poco baseball cap, too! It made my day! and of course, I couldn't leave the store until the song was over!

I love these guys, I really do! :D

Don't you just love a day like that ? How much more fun can a body have (?), well seeing Poco LIVE would be a good start.
MsUp

Next

Return to Poco Discussion