MICHAEL JACKSON VS THE EAGLES

Discuss the band.

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON VS THE EAGLES

Postby sunsetkidd » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Radley Bosworth wrote:Tasteless sophomoric humor from the clueless Martin,I guess this is the norm over here.

There's something about you that just cries out for it, Rad!
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby MartinG » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Radley Bosworth wrote:I guess this is the norm over here.

Well if you were as knowledgeable about Poco as you appear to be about everything else, then you would know there are already two Norms over here.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Radley Bosworth » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:27 pm

MartinG wrote:

Well if you were as knowledgeable about Poco as you appear to be about everything else, then you would know there are already two Norms over here.

Once again Martin's futile attempt at humor falls flat on it's face.It seems a refresher course in in comedy 101 should be jotted down on your calendar this fall
Radley Bosworth

Postby MartinG » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Radley Bosworth wrote:
MartinG wrote:

Once again Martin's futile attempt at humor falls flat on it's face.It seems a refresher course in in comedy 101 should be jotted down on your calendar this fall

You don't know what I'm talking sbout, do you Radders old bean ?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MrsRadley » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Radley Bosworth wrote:It seems a refresher course in in comedy 101 should be jotted down on your calendar this fall

You always did want to have a chum in the classroom with you. But your tone is rather harsh...no wonder you don't have any close friends.

BTW, dear, our lovely guests are arriving just now...so I must hurry downstairs to greet them. Please remember to dress. Those shredded jeans may be what the silly ingenues at the club like, but they will not do for proper dining. Dinner is served in an hour.
Money often costs too much.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

A good marriage is a contest of generosity.
--Diane Sawyer
MrsRadley

Postby KevRoberts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:27 pm

MrsRadley wrote:
Radley Bosworth wrote:It seems a refresher course in in comedy 101 should be jotted down on your calendar this fall

You always did want to have a chum in the classroom with you. But your tone is rather harsh...no wonder you don't have any close friends.

BTW, dear, our lovely guests are arriving just now...so I must hurry downstairs to greet them. Please remember to dress. Those shredded jeans may be what the silly ingenues at the club like, but they will not do for proper dining. Dinner is served in an hour.

Hello Darling, glad you're back with us.
I've been drinking now, just a little too much Timothy B Schmit
KevRoberts

Postby Radley Bosworth » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:40 pm

I see it's not just Martin whose tasteless attempt at humor falls rather flat,but also most of the Poconots attached to this forum as well.
Radley Bosworth

Postby Inductpoco » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:19 am

Popularity of an artist is based on the $ value when you achieve their statue. The value being that of sales (ie albums, merchandise and concerts). Never did think the Eagles came close to accumulating what Micheal did. Maybe getting a Henley and Frey doll out there might help in sells. Anyway, both ( Micheal and the Eagles ) have been appreciated in this household even though I don't moon-walk.

P.S. Hi Radley, glad to see you back in the house. Thought you might be cruising the Med or South of France this time of year in thee "ole yacht".
Inductpoco

Postby Jeff Fin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

[quote="Inductpoco Maybe getting a Henley and Frey doll out there might help in sells. Anyway, both ( Micheal and the Eagles ) have been appreciated in this household even though I don't moo[quote][/quote]n-walk.

Let's not forget about the Paul Cotton action figure,so popular a few years ago....
Jeff Fin

Postby waldo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:27 am

TonyNYC wrote:Good one Wini...even with death, it's pretty impressive that Michael's album is a regular one and not a Greatest Hits.

This is the key to me. Greatest hits albums are a different category. Like those polls about "what ten CDs would you take to a desert island?" I always think choosing greatest hits CDs (or box sets) is cheating. :-)
waldo

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion