MICHAEL JACKSON VS THE EAGLES

Discuss the band.

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON VS THE EAGLES

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:22 pm

wini, could it be that the first recording didn't happen until about 1884 and Beethoven died in 1827 and Mozart in 1791that their recordings did not sell until after their deaths? Or where you being tongue in cheek?

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby joeyg7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Alot of eagle bashing here.I would think that you all would be happy that the Eagles are putting our type of music(country rock) out to the masses.How could anyone who appreciates Poco be happy that Michael Jackson beat out The Eagles? I DONT GET IT.
joeyg7

Postby PocoMotion » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

joeyg7 wrote:Alot of eagle bashing here.I would think that you all would be happy that the Eagles are putting our type of music(country rock) out to the masses.How could anyone who appreciates Poco be happy that Michael Jackson beat out The Eagles? I DONT GET IT.

What I don't get is that you see a lot of Eagle bashing over here,I don't see it .Are we viewing the same forum?
PocoMotion

Postby sunsetkidd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 pm

no Eagle bashing at all.
I always get a chuckle out of folks claiming 'Eagle bashing' at any observation other than 'their sh*t don't stink'. Sorry, the Eagles are great but...'Get Over It'!
It's been my experience here that most Poco fans are Eagle fans, for obvious reasons. I love the Eagles. I just wish I could still afford to go see them. (Yeah I'm sure someone will react to that statement. And I hope it's Radley!)
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Stick around, you'll see it.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby wini » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 am

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:wini, could it be that the first recording didn't happen until about 1884 and Beethoven died in 1827 and Mozart in 1791that their recordings did not sell until after their deaths? Or where you being tongue in cheek?

Dr. Galvin

Indeed.

But I was already afraid some folks here might read that as Mozart/Beethoven bashing, that's why I stopped ther and also only disclosed half of what I know about the Eagles original "dead on" plan to outsell MJ forever. The other half is the ugly truth about why Don Felder was really fired from that band: When he was offered the role of 'dead man walking=selling our CDs' he claimed that if he were to do so, he wanted to remain a 1/3 owner of the company after he completed the job by stopping breathing. Which Azoff replied to 'What sense would it make to throw that much money into a coffin?' and all hell which had previously frozen over broke loose!

It was later revealed on a toilet paper fax found by a maid in a California hotel that the idea behind the plan was that the band had gotten tired of playing Hotel California at their concerts and were looking for a reason they could offer the public for that. They could have played the song one more time and then claim that 'out of respect for the composer of that oeuvre we see no way we could ever do the song justice again' - too bad it didn't work out ...
wini

Postby wini » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:30 am

joeyg7 wrote:Alot of eagle bashing here. I DONT GET IT.

Take a good look at our cheeks, they are full of tongues ...

I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfRh3xCY_co

over at the Eagleland forum. Even die-hard Eagles fans find it amusing and funny. Most here also like Eagles music, but it will not stop us from critizizing or sometimes making fun of 'erratic' behaviour - we'd do the same with Poco members, trust us.
wini

Postby kroney » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for that wini...nice to see an Eagle fan that understands.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby Jeff Fin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am

CEO Henley is not happy about this slide into second place.I heard a rumor heads are going to role at Eagles corporate if they don't push The Eagles Greatest Hits album back into first place.....
:cry:
Jeff Fin

Postby randall » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 am

You gotta love this interview with my favorite Eagles.Joe and Tim are the real Deal.Love their next tour plans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MInZqdwm ... re=related
Last edited by randall on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randall

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion