Paul Cotton band

Discuss the band.

Paul Cotton band

Postby oldforgiver » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:16 am

did anyone catch Paul and his band last night? how about the lowdown? did he play his new guitar? thanks, Dan
oldforgiver

Re: Paul Cotton band

Postby MartinG » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 am

I'm sure Claudia (MsUp) will post a review once she manages to dodge the spiders and get back to NYC .. ;) :o :lol: :roll:
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 am

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to my fellow Poconuts, good gracious was Paul Cotton, his Bird of Paradise, and his awesome band, on fire last night,at Boondocks. Needless to say, the extreme heat & humidity had me barefoot at the start of the show, but if I had been packin' socks they'd have taken wing. I wish you all could have been there. The band performed songs that Paul had never played before (from all 3 solo efforts), and some favorites. I have the set list and will post it later on.

Once again, thunder, lightning and the threat of an open sky, was kept at bay, so that our favorite boy could 'do what he do' so well (OMG). Thank you to Paul and the band (Joel, Russ, Dick & Mike aka Aqualung) for a wonderful night of live music, friendship.
Last edited by MsUp on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsUp

Postby hank » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:22 am

Thanks for reporting, Claudia. I´d love to see him someday with his band
hank

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:29 am

hank wrote:Thanks for reporting, Claudia. I´d love to see him someday with his band

I can't wait for the next time, last night was such a special treat for MsUp (I know Paul's bandmates, in Poco, as well as all 'the nutz', would have been so proud of their dear friend). I'm so looking forward to the upcoming shows with Poco, Richie, L&M, in the great Northeast. Life is good !
MsUp

Postby randall » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:32 am

Your just a lucky Lady :D
randall

Postby Dar » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:39 am

cool
Dar

Postby woogie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Mr Cotton is THE MAN. :)
woogie

Postby plowhorse » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 pm

MsUp wrote:Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to my fellow Poconuts, good gracious was Paul Cotton, his Bird of Paradise, and his awesome band, on fire last night,at Boondocks. Needless to say, the extreme heat & humidity had me barefoot at the start of the show, but if I had been packin' sock they have taken wing. I wish you all could have been there. The band performed songs that Paul had never played before (from all 3 solo efforts), and some favorites. I have the set list and will post it later on.

Once again, thunder, lightning and the threat of an open sky, was kept at bay, so that our favorite boy could 'do what he do' so well (OMG). Thank you to Paul and the band (Joel, Russ, Dick & Mike aka Aqualung) for a wonderful night of live music, friendship.

Thanks for the update Claudia. We're going to be down in Key West in late Sept. celebrating Mrs. P's birthday. Hoping against hope that Cappy and his crew will be doing something when we are down there. 8-)

John
We're all here because we're not all there...
plowhorse

Postby mikec63 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:11 pm

What's up MsUp, Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a better than great time. Do the set list when you get a chance. I have never seen Paul just with his band. Does he ever come east coast solo? Thanks again, MikeC
mikec63

Next

Return to Poco Discussion