Discuss the band.

Re: Paul Cotton band

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 pm

MartinG wrote:
CurlyQfromLI wrote:Claudia,

BTW...did you take any pictures?? Can't wait to see them if you did. :D
Annie

I'm hoping for video ! ;)

That would be awesome, Martin. I did film the event & took still pictures as well. Perhaps, after the film has been cleaned up and edited, it could be made available on http://www.paulcotton.com. I'll mention it to Paul, next time we speak.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 am

CoCoNut wrote:I was talking to a fellow poconut just yesterday and we were discussing songs that we wish the Boyz would play and several of them were on the set list like:
Ride The Country
Do What You Do
Too Many Nights Too Long

Is there a place to find out where Paul's band is sheduled to play? I know it is alway in the Key West area. I may have another chance to go down there later this year or early next year and would love to see him/them play.

I believe there will be a place on his website, with this sort of information, down the road. Meanwhile, we'll have to keep an eye on his messages for updates (for possible shows 'by land, or by sea'). You never know, Donna, there could be another show this year, but we have lots of POCO and Wildwood in ROCtober (that's Rose Of Cimarron-tober).
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am

kroney wrote:Glad to hear that you had such a great time MsUp....(Like I ever doubted it!)....Looking forward to that set list....Hope your trip back is a good one.....

It was a 'very long' day of travel, from Key West to NYC (mostly weather related delays), and worth every minute. However, now I know how Paul feels when he travels a whole day to get to a venue.
MsUp

Postby ctlegend » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 am

Thanks for the set list Claudia.
We got a call from Auqualung the following day.
Sounds like there was plenty of excitment brewing in the 'Keys' and a good time was had by all!
If not for my committment with the Senior Open golf tourney this week, chances are we could have been there.
That was a Power Set list.
CT
ctlegend

Postby MsUp » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am

ctlegend wrote:Thanks for the set list Claudia.
We got a call from Auqualung the following day.
Sounds like there was plenty of excitment brewing in the 'Keys' and a good time was had by all!
If not for my committment with the Senior Open golf tourney this week, chances are we could have been there.
That was a Power Set list.
CT

....We 'all' missed you & Patty. :D
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 am

mikec63 wrote:What's up MsUp, Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a better than great time. Do the set list when you get a chance. I have never seen Paul just with his band. Does he ever come east coast solo? Thanks again, MikeC

In answer to your question, Mike, I'm guessing he has played elsewhere with an earlier incarnation of The Paul Cotton Band, but this version has played in Florida & on The Cruise earlier this year. There was talk about some shows up north (maybe a house party) but nothing has materialized, as yet. Poco comes first & they've been having a busy year. Keep it comin' guys, we'll never get enough (Poco, Paul Cotton Band, Idlewheel, Richie Furay Band, L & M).
MsUp

Postby Dar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:07 am

MsUp wrote:[lets hope, i can use a good house party:)quote="mikec63"]What's up MsUp, Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a better than great time. Do the set list when you get a chance. I have never seen Paul just with his band. Does he ever come east coast solo? Thanks again, MikeC

In answer to your question, Mike, I'm guessing he has played elsewhere with an earlier incarnation of The Paul Cotton Band, but this version has played in Florida & on The Cruise earlier this year. There was talk about some shows up north (maybe a house party) but nothing has materialized, as yet. Poco comes first & they've been having a busy year. Keep it comin' guys, we'll never get enough (Poco, Paul Cotton Band, Idlewheel, Richie Furay Band, L & M).[/quote]
lets hope,i can use a good house party
Dar

Postby MsUp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am

CoCoNut wrote:I was talking to a fellow poconut just yesterday and we were discussing songs that we wish the Boyz would play and several of them were on the set list like:
Ride The Country
Do What You Do
Too Many Nights Too Long

Is there a place to find out where Paul's band is sheduled to play? I know it is alway in the Key West area. I may have another chance to go down there later this year or early next year and would love to see him/them play.

Hey Donna, you will, for sure, get to hear Too Many Nights Too Long, in Wildwood (that beauty is on Rose of Cimarron) !!!!
I really hope the 'ROSE' show is only a part of the weekend (maybe, one of the two nights), I do so look forward to hearing this LP/CD in all it's regalia, but want to hear other Poco music, as well (Ride The Country was awesome in The Keys). Paul, and the band, did such a great job on this song, Midnight Rain, Please Wait For Me, Do What Yo Do, on & on.
MsUp

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion