Levon Helm Rambling o n PBS

Discuss the band.

Levon Helm Rambling o n PBS

Postby wheland » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 am

Be sure to check your local PBS station's listings for August- I've got one of his live offcial bootleg discs and he puts on a great live show whoever is helping out.

Dennis

Levon Helm to "Ramble" on PBS in August: Levon Helm – Ramble at The Ryman will air in high definition on PBS in August. Check local listings.
On most Saturday nights since January 2004, Levon Helm has hosted evenings of music at the "barn," his home studio in Woodstock, New York. These magical nights are called The Midnight Ramble Sessions. On September 17, 2008, Helm took the Midnight Ramble on the road to Nashville's historic Ryman Auditorium, where -- accompanied by such luminaries as Buddy Miller, John Hiatt, Sheryl Crow and Sam Bush -- the Levon Helm Band was taped for television.

The performance features tunes from Helm's tenure with The Band, as well as selections from the 2008 Grammy winning Dirt Farmer and classics from artists such as Chuck Berry, the Carter Family and more.

Levon Helm – Ramble at The Ryman came on the heels of Dirt Farmer's debut (and predates his current CD Electric Dirt, currently number one on the American Music Top Ten). After overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds, Helm released the album, his first solo recording in twenty-five years, and won the Grammy for Best Traditional Folk Album. Songs performed include: "Ophelia,""Back to Memphis,” "Fannie Mae," "Baby Scratch My Back,""Evangeline," "No Depression in Heaven," "Wide River to Cross," "Deep Elem Blues, " "Rag Mama Rag," "Time Out for the Blues," "The Shape I'm In," and "The Weight."
wheland

Re: Levon Helm Rambling o n PBS

Postby mikec63 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks for the info Dennis. Sounds like it should be a really good show.
mikec63

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks too, Dennis..I enjoy listening to his music !

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby OHIONUT » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:04 am

just saw him 2 weeks ago.he opened for the black crowes. he actually only sang 2 songs due to a bout of larengitis(sp?).but it was a good show,he has a pretty good band . only wish he would have been able to sing more songs but his backing musicians pulled off a good show
mark
OHIONUT

Postby bassman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for the info, I tried to get Ramble tickets for the Bethelwoods Poco weekend but it was Sold Out.
bassman

Return to Poco Discussion