Bob Bell's Wildwood April Newsletter

Discuss the band.

Bob Bell's Wildwood April Newsletter

Postby mary » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am

Bob's message:

Greetings From Wildwood Springs Lodge

Good Morning Everyone...!!!

Today is an exciting day for me... the Grand Old Lady comes back alive.. No not a concert.. a Wedding.. there is nothing more beautiful then a Spring Wedding at Wildwood.. And this couple is doing it all right.. Laid Back... Comfortable.. and letting Marsha and Jeanette fix them some REAL food...!! Made by the hands of the Chefs.. not that Old Fake stuff.. Now Real Food is Food the has to be handled with Love... Fresh.. Homemade.. You know just like on a concert night.. Anyway... the Old Lady is looking shape and ready for a great 2011 Season..

Which brings me to the next Big Announcement... Richie Furay and Rusty Young.. April 29-30... I am not doing a Poco Show this year... but this will be close.. so Hey... there are lots of ticket left... All you huge fans that have come over all these years... you know it doesn't get better then this show... and for all you that haven't seen this show.. Look outside today... and just think ... in 27 days.. you could be here listening to some great music and Having some of that great.. REAL FOOD...!!! So get on line..
and get those tickets...!!!

Next Up.. Pat and Danny Liston.. May 7th... if you are not familiar with their music... this will be the best and most unique show of the year... acoustic.. real music..!! more on it later.. but you Mama's Pride fans... get off your As.....!!

OK.. Summer Stuff... Lots of great specials... Weekends for only 65.00 a Head for the whole weekend..!!! I must be nuts for even offering it.. but I am.. Weekdays a whole week of them.. matter of fact.. 2 weeks worth.. for only 40 bucks a day.. Yea.. 40 bucks a day and just think.. it includes Breakfast and Dinner..!!! Bring the Family... bring the Whole Extended Family... Heck... I'll even throw in me... bring the Whole family and I'll come have dinner with you... and I'll pay for myself..

Fall Concert news...

1. Tickets are selling better then ever.. here's the low down on a few concerts...

OMD.. Sat night.. only 60 total tickets left
Jerry Jeff Walker.. only 80 total tickets left
Los Lobos.. Sat night.. only 73 total tickets left
America.. Sat night... only 50 total Tickets left...

These are the hot sellers this year... but all the concerts are selling well.. but this is unheard of only having this many left at this time of year... I told you I set out to have the Greatest Line-up ever..!!!!

2. If you own a business or can be allowed to put up a Poster.. I have the Fall Posters in and ready to go...Please email me a address I can mail them to.. and put them up... I do have lots of locations in St. Louis that will be putting these up in the next few weeks.. I also have Fliers that can be put up or you can just print them off on line... and put them up in the Break room or work.. or email all your friends.. I need your help.. to spread the word...

3. Dierbergs will be displaying the Fall line up soon in all their stores.. and have these cute little pull offs with that Great Salad
Dressing... you all need to go buy some.. please help support the Lodge Go to Dierbergs and Buy that Salad Dressing.. it's the same we use in the Fall and everyday at Wildwood...

My Story...
Well... while I was on my walk this morning I was thinking about what I wanted to say.. first I was excited that Today is Opening day.. which in my world.. means the Lady is all warmed up and cleaned up and smelling good...
We don't really open up till June for everyday... but we do special events.. this early.. But what really was on my mind is Steelville... My dad always taught me... DO what you can in your community...and it will in return.. take care of you..

When I was young.. I can remember going to Pancake Breakfasts.. us Boy Scouts would do as Fundraisers... I can always remember seeing the Old Timers come in for breakfast... Homer Perkins... Dan Worley... Al Beers.. Fritz Jonas.. Ed Jonas... Slick Lichues ....Tick Perkins.. my dad... and so many more... but what I remember more then anything... was the Pride of Steelville. These old timers.. all gone now.. laying on the Hill in the cemetery overlooking their Little town. These guys made the town full of energy... I could still hear the stories.. But what excites me today... is now I am the Old Timer... but what the
youth is stirring up in town..

They have come to life.. Look at this list.. Steelville Arts Council... They saved a old home... completely brought it back to life.. matter of fact you can rent it for a concert.. the Evans Home..
The Fountain... A Young Family is getting it ready to reopen in June... Ruby's Ice Cream.. Homemade desserts.. Brownie Fudge Pie.. with Ice Cream.. and Best yet... Live Bluegrass EVER sat night during the Summer... Art and Joe Coffee House... Art Gallery and Coffee House.. Sounds great to me..
Main Street Antiques.. right on the main Drag... Plus ExploreSteelville.com.. a new way to find out all the exciting things to do in Steelville.. Plus a New Park to watch.... Movies in the Park on Sat night summer time.. New Flowers on Main Street... New Subways.. New Casey's... It is just going on and on... Their energy excites me... I have always loved my little town... but to see this youth movement... reminds me.. of have great things can be.... if one just.. Believes...

So... It's April... it's time to get out of the house.. go for long walks... Breath the fresh air.. if you don't have few air... get to the
Country... don't forget about the ones in need.. Your Parents.. your kids... maybe that Neighbor you mowed their lawn as
a kid... now you only see walking with a walker... go sit with them... they so long for just a conversation... their stories need to be heard... maybe for the last time..

Make Cookies.. I believe in the power of a cookie..

Believe in yourself... Stay Positive....

And get to Wildwood this year...

Love you all..
Bob
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Return to Poco Discussion