God's Pastime

Discuss the band.

God's Pastime

Postby ErnstPepping » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:28 pm

-?-
Last edited by ErnstPepping on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ErnstPepping

Re: God's Pastime

Postby jerzeypocofan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:39 pm

ErnstPepping wrote:does God hate us? yes.

This Is A Perfect Universe:

-here's why: no Earthly entity like mankind can make use of a 'coinbox' while populating the Galaxy. that's understood i would think. right now the only starship design is the 'Orion Project' now considered for a 100 year (robot unmanned) trip to Alpha Centauri, the closest star.

-the illusion on this planet? take away the sunlight and there's nothin' left. the BeeGee's were right in their great song: 'Crimson & Clover' (over & over).

-we as humans have some of the same DNA as any other animal and most 'striking'? Insects (basicly we are just 'Heads & Tails').

-the most innocent of animals (baby elephants) are routinely slaughtered by prides of female lions in Africa.

-escape velocity from Earth is MACH 25. when men arrive at an Earthlike System, there's no way to get off the planet when you easily land!

Conclusion:

this economic system and all the fabricated idiocy that's built into it is basically wrong and will be proved wrong.

Hmmm one of the very reasons I don't visit this site anymore....the nuts are running
rampant :(
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby studiogirl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:15 am

Charlie...I think it's just our old friend Sundot/Niffit/Tiffin/Scronx...nothing to be worried about. :roll:

Of course, I could be wrong.... I'm sure Ernst will correct me if that's the case.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby russpi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 am

"the BeeGee's were right in their great song: 'Crimson & Clover' (over & over)." Bee Gees? Say what?
russpi

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:50 am

I have to agree with both Studiogirl and Charlie. This thread is obviously an aberration and in the wrong area, if it is supposed to be political. And, apparently there are a number of others who feel as Charlie does who aren't showing up here anymore. But that becomes a "chicken & egg" routine. The place would be the same if the same people showed up.

Its kind of weird considering that many of these dropouts are the ones who were touted as the original kernel poconut.com. Some have been elevated to super fan status. Anyway, I've seen very little controversy in this music branch of the forum. If anything, its the pablum that is sucking the energy dry. But then, some like that! So, blaming this one weird out of place thread is pretty weak.

Still, I see a lot of effort driving this site by the core. I don't like to talk about weather, or what I'm eating or drinking, or even what I'm listening to. But those threads are still going strong. To each, his own.

We are still talking about losses in the musical community, Poco shows, requests, and memories. Some of us are recording and posting the links to our music here or talking about our first musical experiences. Hey, its nice to just say "happy birthday" sometimes! And some people just come out and say "hi"!

But still... some of the "old faithful" have decided they don't want to associate here, or maybe they are just taking a sabbatical. That is fine. I'm meeting new "nuts" and I like them! I've heard a lot of interest in Poco and, hoedowns, and past members, and related music, and that camaraderie is growing.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:53 am

russpi wrote:"the BeeGee's were right in their great song: 'Crimson & Clover' (over & over)." Bee Gees? Say what?

Good call! It was Tommy James and the Shondells.
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby studiogirl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:05 am

The thing I like best about this new website is that I never even have to see the political thread(s) because the "Poco Discussion" forum is what I have bookmarked, so I don't even have to make the effort to avoid the daily bashing.

It may be a little slow around here, but it's ever so much more pleasant without the political discussion. Separate forums was (is) a great idea!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Lonesomedave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:44 am

Bogeyfire wrote:
Still, I see a lot of effort driving this site by the core. I don't like to talk about weather, or what I'm eating or drinking, or even what I'm listening to. But those threads are still going strong. To each, his own.

We are still talking about losses in the musical community, Poco shows, requests, and memories. Some of us are recording and posting the links to our music here or talking about our first musical experiences. Hey, its nice to just say "happy birthday" sometimes! And some people just come out and say "hi"!

But still... some of the "old faithful" have decided they don't want to associate here, or maybe they are just taking a sabbatical. That is fine. I'm meeting new "nuts" and I like them! I've heard a lot of interest in Poco and, hoedowns, and past members, and related music, and that camaraderie is growing.

The site has had it's dry spells in the past and a lot people, myself included, do need a break every now and again. It's summer and a lot of folks are active and vacationing and we always slow down a bit as a result.
Sure, every thread may not be a spellbinder to each member but then you catch a real nice fastball coming in and that makes up for all the low and away stuff. The political forum is pretty involved and you have to stay up with a topic as they move pretty fast and there's a lot of heated debate and little give and take there but like Jimmy, if you stay away, it's not really there.
And the truth is a lot of us are 60ish and just waiting for the train so a lot of our passion has gone south. For good. So people leave for a time and then come back to chat with folks who "remember when..."

Pass the popcorn.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby jimmym » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:58 am

studiogirl wrote:Charlie...I think it's just our old friend Sundot/Niffit/Tiffin/Scronx...nothing to be worried about. :roll:

Of course, I could be wrong.... I'm sure Ernst will correct me if that's the case.

I think your right! BTW, I love your new pictures! :lol:

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby Dar » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:16 pm

:o
Dar

Next

Return to Poco Discussion