God's Pastime

Discuss the band.

Re: God's Pastime

Postby MartinG » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:there are a number of others who feel as Charlie does who aren't showing up here anymore.
Its kind of weird considering that many of these dropouts are the ones who were touted as the original kernel poconut.com.

Care to name names ? The only person who I can think of who was "hard core Poconut" that I've not seen at all on this site is SantaFeJay.

Any for someone who "doesn't visit here anymore" Jerzey seems to have over 50 posts !
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:27 pm

MartinG wrote:
Bogeyfire wrote:there are a number of others who feel as Charlie does who aren't showing up here anymore.
Its kind of weird considering that many of these dropouts are the ones who were touted as the original kernel poconut.com.

Care to name names ? The only person who I can think of who was "hard core Poconut" that I've not seen at all on this site is SantaFeJay.

Any for someone who "doesn't visit here anymore" Jerzey seems to have over 50 posts !

Not really. Its just an impression I felt. I did think Wheland was MIA, but then I see he has been posting on the "What Are You Eating" threads, so maybe my impression is inaccurate. There are a lot of threads I just have no interest in, however the "eating / drinking" threads have probably verged way off course by now!

I have this forum set as my homepage. So every time I launch my browser, this is what I get. If I'm at work and need to take a break, I just click the "Home" tab, and here you guys are again. There just seems to be a bit of a lull in the energy field. Although he didn't quite put it this way, Lonesomedave probably got it right. Its because you guys are getting OLD!
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Lonesomedave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Bogeyfire wrote: There just seems to be a bit of a lull in the energy field. Although he didn't quite put it this way, Lonesomedave probably got it right. Its because you guys are getting OLD!

Yeah, I figured I'd catch flak over that but the truth is the truth. I can still get out and run everyday but.....not so fast.
And I/we had a good run in our time. I'm not looking to croak anytime soon but soon is relative as hell. Look at all the musicians my age and younger who've died in the last year. A bunch.
And I too have noticed some MIA's. Format change may have thrown a few off but that may change.
Poco did and still does mean a lot to me not just as a reflection of the past but as a band who can still get the job done. The site? Well we have more than our share of really cool people and it's always nice to chat with folks who were so gob smacked when they first heard Poco. Whether it was the band from the 60's, 70's, 80's right through today.
The great Boulder concert last year showed the band can still put on a great show. I'll tell you, Paul was brilliant that day!
So, it's summer. It's hot. People are on vacation or in front of a ballgame. As I mentioned in my, "Lucky" thread, I'm lucky. Here's hoping it will last a bit longer.
I just want to live long enough to see TonyNYC put a smiley on a post.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby LJH » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:09 pm

ErnstPepping wrote:does God hate us? yes.

Wut the ..... ???

God doesn't hate me! Granted, he must have been in a bad mood the morning he designed my face and body, but otherwise He likes me just fine. Sounds like you've got a problem with Him though ....
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby sunsetkidd » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:24 pm

studiogirl wrote:Charlie...I think it's just our old friend Sundot/Niffit/Tiffin/Scronx...nothing to be worried about. :roll:

Of course, I could be wrong.... I'm sure Ernst will correct me if that's the case.

Yeah.

It's that one. Not a takeover.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby studiogirl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:
Bogeyfire wrote: There just seems to be a bit of a lull in the energy field. Although he didn't quite put it this way, Lonesomedave probably got it right. Its because you guys are getting OLD!

Yeah, I figured I'd catch flak over that but the truth is the truth. I can still get out and run everyday but.....not so fast.

Old...schmold...I refuse to be considered old...oldER, but not old!!! LOL

Lonesomedave wrote:I just want to live long enough to see TonyNYC put a smiley on a post.

I think we will actually qualify for "old" by then....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby LJH » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:57 pm

studiogirl wrote: Old...schmold...I refuse to be considered old...oldER, but not old!!! LOL

Hear, hear! I'm not old either - there's an eighteen-year-old rocker trapped inside this shrunken, wrinkled little carcass. Don't judge the book .....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:35 pm

LJH wrote:
studiogirl wrote: Old...schmold...I refuse to be considered old...oldER, but not old!!! LOL

Hear, hear! I'm not old either - there's an eighteen-year-old rocker trapped inside this shrunken, wrinkled little carcass. Don't judge the book .....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HA! Now that paints a picture.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion