5 yr mark George's Stroke

Discuss the band.

5 yr mark George's Stroke

Postby Drummerwife » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 am

Hi All,

We just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of your support and prayers through these past 5 years. We would like for you to celebrate with us. Not to look at what he can't do but just how far he has come. We appreciate you so much. We look forward to seeing many of you in October. :D
Drummerwife

Re: 5 yr mark George's Stroke

Postby volpi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:58 am

We continue to pray for you, and rejoice in all the beautiful music that you have given us over the years. May the best of times be ahead for you. Wish we could do more.
John and Sue
volpi

Postby pocomann » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:48 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and George! Tell George thanks for all the wonderful Poco music he helped create, that has brought so much joy to myself and all Poco fans worldwide! We wish him all the best in his recovery from the stroke! I was so happy to hear that he would be able to sing with the band in October!

Kelly
pocomann

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 am

Drummerwife wrote:Hi All,

We just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of your support and prayers through these past 5 years. We would like for you to celebrate with us. Not to look at what he can't do but just how far he has come. We appreciate you so much. We look forward to seeing many of you in October. :D

...OMG, Deb ! You got me all messed up again, I'm such a moosh. :cry: :D .
You and George are always in my thoughts and prayers, and there is no doubt, in my mind, that you are a big reason for George's progress. I am looking forward to seeing you, very soon, and to seeing & hearing George 'sittin'-in' at Wildwood Springs Lodge, in ROCtober. What a treat that will be.
XOXO
sockless, for sure, Claudia
MsUp

Postby cimarron » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:22 am

Hi Debbie & George,

Continued prayers for you, George and your family. It was wonderful seeing George and hearing him sing at the Stagecoach. We were very happy that we got a chance to meet the both of you. Looking forward to seeing you again in Wildwood.

Linda & Keith
cimarron

Postby Dar » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:44 am

hey debbie,you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers as well.. miss seeing george perform,wish to see that again and meet you too... hugs,dar
Dar

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:47 am

First of all, can it have been 5 years?

More important, I cannot tell you how often I replay the moment at Stagecoach when George joined his bandmates on stage. For me, it was one of the most inspirational moments I have ever witnessed. I took plenty of pictures, but that moment is forever etched in my memory.

What an example of hard work for both of you, Debbie & George, to have gotten to this point! And I know that we are taking this occasion to look back a bit, but I also know that you continue to look forward. And there is a lesson for all of us who are fortunate enough to be a part of this extended "family".

So many thanks to you both for allowing us to be a part, however small, of the process and please know that we will continue to do what we can.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby LJH » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:30 pm

I remember reading about George's stroke and having an actual, physical reaction to it, like being kicked in the gut, like when you see a bad wreck on the highway. This, for a person I'd never met but was a huge part of my life.

I was never one of those types who worshiped celebrities or rock stars no matter how much I loved their work, but the POCO guys have always been 'real'. They're like family, and one of my 'family' was down. I didn't always have a computer and didn't stay all that informed - once I even read that he'd died and spent several days flapping around like a madwoman confirming that wasn't true! (A pox on all rumor-posting idiots!)

And then to see him at Stagecoach. Goosebumps doesn't even begin to describe it - nothing can describe that feeling. The other thing I can add is this: if you ever need the definition of 'Stand by Your Man' look no further than Debbie and Gracie Grantham.
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby kroney » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Where has the time gone indeed ! George, my prayers and thoughts continue for you and your family to this day. I, like so many was truly touched and inspired to see your return to the stage at Stagecoach. I shared in your tears of joy....A moment that I watch over and over thanks to your friends here at poconut.org....On that day you were once again..."The backbone of the group" Thank you so very much for the past, present and the future....You rock, George Grantham !!!!!
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby Naomipocofan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks Debbie, for the care U have given to George, and thanks George for your drumming and singing over the years. U.R. in my prayers for a full recovery, and I'd like to see U with Poco on the East coast someday . . .

N.E.
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Next

Return to Poco Discussion