Need help-technologically challenged

Discuss the band.

Need help-technologically challenged

Postby Naomipocofan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Pocopeople,
I am looking for a website that has (truly) FREE ringtones. I will never put my ATM card number on any website ever again, and most of 'em charge monthly. I've had that happen where I signed up for stuff and they kept charging me, and I had to report it to my bank. That is a scam, especially since I just want one or 2 songs from Poco, maybe HOTN, Crazy Love, AGFTK, etc. My new phone is a Motorola Tracfone. (too bad it's not Pink!)
Please let me if U know of any good websites.

Thanx,

NE
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Re: Need help-technologically challenged

Postby duffyb » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm

If your phone uses MP3's as ring tones, and can connect to your computer with a cable or via Bluetooth, it's pretty easy to make your own ringtones. I have the intro to HOTN as a ringtone. If you want, contact me off list with your cell number and I can send it to you, to try.
duffyb

Postby Dar » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:00 pm

good luck naomi
Dar

Postby severalpieces » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Duffy to the rescue! Love that guy!!
:D ;)
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby wini » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 am

With most audio editing software it is really simple to create short MP3s that you can use as a loop or a ringtone. If you don't wanna cram your PC with new software and know which part of which song you'd like to use, just let me know. I've got quite a few Poco albums converted from my old vinyl albums to MP3s on my machine and could give it a try ...
wini

Postby duffyb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 pm

The problem I think she is having is once she has a music file, is getting it on her phone. If she can't connect her phone to her computer. Someone can send it to her as a audio message and then she can use it as a ringtone.

There are ringtone sites where you can upload a file to them and they will send it to your phone. Google 'upload your ringtones.'
duffyb

Return to Poco Discussion