A Real Poco Rarity!

Discuss the band.

A Real Poco Rarity!

Postby jonr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Here's one you hardly ever get to hear from an excellent underrated album .... I love Rusty's mandolin on this one. Here you go Linda........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OboextAHzYM
jonr

Re: A Real Poco Rarity!

Postby cimarron » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks Jon. It was a rare treat to hear them play that song. I don't think that the majority of the people at the Sanctuary knew how special that was. Rusty's mandolin playing was supurb. Paul put his heart and soul into sining the song. Thanks for all the posting. It's fun to watch the clips and remember the shows.

Linda
cimarron

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:17 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :D

This is one of MsUp's favorites, and what a powerful performance, in that little church in New Jersey. Thanks, JonR (thanks even more so for the version you sent me). IMHO that was a wonderful show, start to finish (including the 'cookies & milk' break).

THANK YOU, POCO !
MsUp

Postby jonr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:27 pm

MsUp wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :D

This is one of MsUp's favorites, and what a powerful performance, in that little church in New Jersey. Thanks, JonR (thanks even more so for the version you sent me). IMHO that was a wonderful show, start to finish (including the 'cookies & milk' break).

THANK YOU, POCO !

That was a great show! As I recall, the "40 minute" first set was over an hour, and then after the cookie break, the "1 hour" second set was over 1 1/2 hours of great music. I especially enjoyed sitting with my long-time friend Carl, who was with me at my first Poco concert 34 years ago. I also enjoyed Rusty's shout-out to me at the beginning of this clip!
jonr

Postby Mystic » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Just gorgeous. One of my favorite Poco songs as well. Thanks for posting!

Edit: I've watched it twice now. Goose bump moment. Tears in the eyes. I love these guys.
Mystic

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

jonr wrote:
MsUp wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :D

THANK YOU, POCO !

That was a great show! As I recall, the "40 minute" first set was over an hour, and then after the cookie break, the "1 hour" second set was over 1 1/2 hours of great music. I especially enjoyed sitting with my long-time friend Carl, who was with me at my first Poco concert 34 years ago. I also enjoyed Rusty's shout-out to me at the beginning of this clip!

Yes, and the special call out at the end of this song. The boyz have been dedicating songs, calling out to audience members, and playing requests for songs, mant times lately, and I think they enjoy 'our joy'. They brought back Too Many Nights Too Long, last year, in Largo, for Cowboy, Please Wait For Me, for my birthday at the same show, Midnight Rain for Linda & Claudia. I am so glad to see (hear) Spellbound back in the show, and Legend really burns the house down. They played Soul Searchin' for Dorothy at The Sanctuary, Ride The Country for KeithC's birthday. Not to mention their many call outs to you, the legendary JonR, and thanking Marc & Sharon or Keith & Linda for selling merch. (and the lovely Mary gets a call out almost every night).
I handed Richie a piece of paper, before he went on at Wildwood (a year ago, for a new Poconut celebtating his 50th birthday) and Richie did a call out to the guy, who was just thrilled (Richie pulled out that little piece of paper I had handed him, with the guy's name, etc.). They really care about everyone, old friends and new friends alike.

LOVE YOU, THANK YOU, POCO !
MsUp

Postby jonr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Mystic wrote:Just gorgeous. One of my favorite Poco songs as well. Thanks for posting!

Edit: I've watched it twice now. Goose bump moment. Tears in the eyes. I love these guys.

Exactly why I've been posting these!!
jonr

Postby severalpieces » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:32 pm

I had missed this show due to a death in our family. However, I gave my ticket to Sunset (?..is he here?, and did I get the name correct/) and I know he had a wonderful time. It's nice to see the guys playing and singing in church ! I am certain God enjoyed what He heard !
Nice video work, Jon!
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby sjack80 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for the post JonR. Never woulda found that one on my own!
sjack80

Postby greggroyce » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 am

Wow! Thanks Jon. What a rare and excellent treat.
8-) 8-) 8-) ;)
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Next

Return to Poco Discussion