What are you Reading?

Discuss the band.

Re: What are you Reading?

Postby Bogeyfire » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 am

Pocopag wrote:...Have a few things lined up for next week, after my finals. A really great audiobook is Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson - story of a pair of recreational wreck divers who discover a WW II era U-boat - great story, great writing.

Hmm... I may have to make some time to check that one out. It sounds intriguing.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Shadow Divers is a very good book.
I'm reading Winds Of War by Herman Wouk.

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby woogie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Rifling through my drawers - Clarissa Dickson Wright, her of the two fat ladies.TV cookery show that was over here in the UK and elsewhere.Just finished spilling the beans by the same author.
woogie

Postby Jeff Fin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Just finished Heaven and Hell by Don Felder....Didn't realize Glen Frey was as a big of a jerk as Henley.Also sad to find out that Timothy B and Joe Walsh turned their back on Felder when their support was needed the most.Great book.
Jeff Fin

Postby high and dry in n.y. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 am

Bill Maher/the New New Rules/Everybody has there head up their ass about politics except me , he is a rascal that Bill.Also Desperados the roots of country rock by John Einerson.Just downloaded itto my kindle and its got some great stuffabout Poco in it besides every other band involved in the early days of country rock,very cool read,Rusty would love it,he says in the book,relistening to the steel he played on the1st album he probably could not reproduce half the stuff today that he did back in the early days,though I doubt that "Best in the west" always was and always will be.........
high and dry in n.y.

Postby TonySTL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:59 am

Einerson's book is a must for CR fans. I'm trying to find a digital copy so I can read it through. The only reading I ever got was an audio version many years ago.

Just finished the book $80 Champion. It's the story of the former plow hourse turned champion in the 1950's. It's more the story of the immigrant trainer, Harry De Leyer and it's a great read for history, culture and horse competition in the U.S.A.

The author did an excellent job of making this book riveting. I really expected to be bored and put it down within a couple of chapters.

I was very surprised when I found myself rooting for this horse and almost feeling the jumps as I got airborn in my mind. Nice writing.
TonySTL

Postby high and dry in n.y. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 am

to Tony in St.Louie, I got it on Amazon.com delivered to my kindle.Cool book huh?
high and dry in n.y.

Postby high and dry in n.y. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 am

to Jeff Fin,read it last year also and totally agree.Felder got the shaft and Tim and Walsh went along for the money train ride.Two blowhards Frey and the other idiot who was always was a sh...y drummer too.Long live Poco......
high and dry in n.y.

Postby woogie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:15 pm

high and dry in n.y. wrote:to Jeff Fin,read it last year also and totally agree.Felder got the shaft and Tim and Walsh went along for the money train ride.Two blowhards Frey and the other idiot who was always was a sh...y drummer too.Long live Poco......

I guess when it comes right down to it business is business,when the crap starts flying take cover and keep shtum.Shame really as Don Felder is a great guitar player.I must get the book but I dont think I will be surprised as to what went on in that band.
woogie

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:14 am

Got a third of the way into, Matterhorn but bogged down. It's a shadow of Roth's, Sand in the Wind.
Re-reading, The Interrogators- The Secret War Against Al Queda.
Page turner. Brilliant work by a handful of really dedicated soldiers who had a bigger battle against the different agencies and commands in the theatre than the enemy and the pure lunacy of some of the leaders under whom they struggled to do a difficult and important mission.
Makes you proud and insane with rage at the same time.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion