What are you Reading?

Discuss the band.

Re: What are you Reading?

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Intruder In The Dust- William Faulkner

Dr. G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby MA_nut » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Finally finished 1912. It turned out as expected TR entered the race because he fed up with Taft. That split the Republican vote and Wilson got elected. Also, TR got shot but still finished the speech. Guess you really can't change the facts.

Now ready a bio on Keith Moon. Creatively enough, it is called "Moon". Part way through it. Still in his childhood before the Who.

Mike R.
MA_nut

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Just finished Al MIchaels' book "You Can't Make This Up". It reads as if he is sitting with you telling stories. And good stories they are! Now out in paperback.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Sabbath's Theater by Philip Roth

Dr. G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby bluelarryblue » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Just finished "Lindberg" by Scott Berg, bio on Charles A.

I knew the basic story of his pre-flight, flight, child kidnap / death , but did not know he was America's first Superstar. 100s of thousands of people attended every appearance he made in Europe, USA, everywhere for years after the 1927 flight. Un real.

Rest of his life was fascinating. Virtually had no "real" life after the flight. Earned a bunch of money though.
bluelarryblue

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Ardennes 1944: The Battle Of The Bulge by Antony Beevor

Dr. G
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Just finished a great book.. "Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates - The Forgotten War That Changed American History" Brian Kilmeade & Don Yaeger
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Just finished George Harrison: Behind The Locked Door by Graeme Thomson. A very good book. Now reading The Accidental Captives: The Story Of Seven Women Alone In Nazi Germany by Carolyn Gossage.

Dr. G
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby mbradley2000 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:37 pm

An old Mad Magazine, and then I finally finished reading the electric bill. I think it was in that order?? They read the same. You get to the end, fold it up, and it makes you laugh.
I've just started David Crosby's Bio, "Long Time Gone". Does he make it? No...please. No spoiler alerts.
I was reasonable once.
mbradley2000

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:25 pm

PT 109 An American Epic of War, Survival, and the Destiny of John F. Kennedy by William Doyle

Dr. G
DrMichaelGalvin

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion