New Jersey Poconut Roll Call

Discuss the band.

Re: New Jersey Poconut Roll Call

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm

richierich wrote:What is your plan as to how you are going to get front row tickets at the gate?????

Sometimes, a venue holds the best seats in the house for VIPs (like Paul McCartney shows up at the last minute, and wants good seats). They release them at or slightly B4 showtime. This is what they do on Broadway, if you ever get to NYC and want to see 'a' show, just go to the box office, B4 curtain and you'll, more likely than not, get the best seat in the house. Good luck, Charlie !
MsUp

Postby jerzeypocofan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm

MsUp wrote:
richierich wrote:What is your plan as to how you are going to get front row tickets at the gate?????

Sometimes, a venue holds the best seats in the house for VIPs (like Paul McCartney shows up at the last minute, and wants good seats). They release them at or slightly B4 showtime. This is what they do on Broadway, if you ever get to NYC and want to see 'a' show, just go to the box office, B4 curtain and you'll, more likely than not, get the best seat in the house. Good luck, Charlie !

Exactly.....I've done this several times...got front row for Chicago/Earth Wind and Fire
a few years ago 8-)
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby jerzeypocofan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

wheland wrote:

He's going to sell his services to the highest bidder and use the cash to pay off somebody in the first row. :-)

Serious question for Charlie- were you in Ocean Grove last night? I just happened to be there yesterday afternoon and ran into a friend who was there for a show in the Great Auditourium last night- Tommy James & the shondells along with Felix Cavilere and the Rascals.

I tried to get tickets but there were only single tickets available and I was with Esther. I went right to the box office and asked.

Dennis

Hi Dennis...I was in Neptune last night for the Trigger Reunion...What a show 3 1/2 hours...first time they got together in 25 years!

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby MsUp » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 am

Me is gettin' very excited 'bout our Poco weekend 'trilogy' (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), and I'll look forward to meeting all of you 'nuts' in New Jersey (aka The Twilight Zone). It looks like it will be a nice turn out for our boyz, including; Keith & Linda, JonR, Dennis & Esther are collecting Naomi (she'll be in pink), severalpieces just has to roll out of bed, SunsetKidd/Jim, Richierich is coming up from Florida (with 'pretty little pet, Claudette' blowing at his heels), pocoman54/Dan comin' all the way from Lima, NY, 'oldforgiver' (with that name I gotta meet 'you'), litlfeat & featster (Bob & Cathy), and, Jerseypocofan/Charlie will be buying the best seat in the house.
Did I miss anyone ?

sockless Claudia

P.S. I'll try to wear my guitar blinky (gift from Bonnie at Penn's Peak), and/or my Poco name tag from poordoug.
MsUp

Postby richierich » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 am

So should we all gather somewhere for a $10 beer ?????
richierich

Postby litlfeat » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 am

MsUp wrote:litlfeat & featster (Bob & Cathy), and, Jerseypocofan/Charlie will be buying the best seat in the house.
Did I miss anyone ?

sockless Claudia

P.S. I'll try to wear my guitar blinky (gift from Bonnie at Penn's Peak), and/or my Poco name tag from poordoug.

Thanks for remembering Cathy and me, the FEAT and POCO Fans! (not necessarily in that order) Very much looking forward to this, and meeting everyone.
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby Jeff Fin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am

I'll be there....George G. Has been confirmed,he'll be there....
Jeff Fin

Postby whofannj » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:02 pm

My wife and I will be there. Anyone know the setlist so far. My wife not as familair with all of Poco so I want to burn her a CD to listen to prior to the show.Thanks. Sec 101 Row V.
Might even stay for Loggins and Messina!! :lol:
I want to change my name to Pocofan61, I just don't know how :(
whofannj

Postby richierich » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm

So should we all gather somewhere for a $10 beer ?????
richierich

Postby jerzeypocofan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

richierich wrote:So should we all gather somewhere for a $10 beer ?????

Sounds good to me 8-)

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion