Poconut Project-June/Magnolia (post this or another song)

Discuss the band.

Poconut Project-June/Magnolia (post this or another song)

Postby AlexInRI » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:58 am

Hello everyone. I finally posted my version of Magnolia. I used a Digitech looper for the second guitar but I decided to return that toy and buy a digital recording setup.

I had a lot of fun with this song. The version I posted has me wearing a hat. I put it on because I kept making mistakes. Of course the one with the goofy hat would be relatively mistake free so that's the one that made the cut. If you listen carefully you can hear my 11 year old son sneeze at one point. I'm surprised I didn't crack up.

I've been crazy busy (belive it or not, I'm going to New Orleans next week on business. How's that for coincidence), so I've missed out if anyone else has posted for June. If so, please repost them on this thread so they're all together. I'm open to suggestions for July but I don't know if you can post a poll on this site. If not we could create a thread where people could just post their preference and go from there.
My youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ4xStX2x-o
Last edited by AlexInRI on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexInRI

Re: Poconut Project-June/Magnlia (post this or another song)

Postby studiogirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Alex, that is WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm still trying to make time and learn how I can add a track. I've got an idea which I'll try tomorrow...hope I can make it work!

Should I wear a hat, too? ;)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Alex, damn that was good! Nice job, and now I know that if I'm ever having a hard time getting it right, all I have to do is put on a goofy hat! (You may have discovered Rusty's secret.)
;)
Anyway, I've gotta get on the stick and record my version. That is cool you are going to invest in setting up the home recording thing. I've got a Presonus Firebox. Love it. M-Audio has less expensive items. If you don't know who you are going to buy from, I've had a very good rapport with http://sweetwater.com/. Karen Crawford has a contact there too. They set her up with her recording. Their customer service is great and they know the gear. Prices can't be beat. Sometimes they have demo stuff they have to sell as used because they had it out of the box at a trade show.

So, I would record this weekend except that I'm going to a party tonight and tomorrow is Father's Day. I really don't plan to be sober enough to record until the middle of the week. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
:mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing. It was definitely worth the wait.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bonnie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Wow, Alex! That was most excellent. You did a fantastic job. I loved it! The hat suits you.
And, God bless you to your son!
Let your thoughts be kind...Have a little peace of mind.
Bonnie

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Hey Alex,

If you are taking off to Louisiana for business, take along a book for home recording. Even if it is just "Home Recording For Dummies", you will probably solidify what sort of equipment you want to buy.

Have a great trip!
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks for listening guys. Looking forward to hearing some more posts. Did anyone post on the old website before it died?

I did already order a digital setup. It's a 48 track digital package with microphones and monitors. I ordered a dvd instructional for the setup and if it comes before Wednesday I'll take it with me to watch on the plane. I'm technically challenged only because technical stuff doesn't interest me. I usually have no trouble learning new things if I need to. I still haven't figured out a way to access this website on my Blackberry. Don't think it can be done.

The recording package comes with a 30 day return option so I plan on using it for the next Poconut project. That should allow me enough time to decide if it's worth keeping. Any ideas what July's song will be?
AlexInRI

Postby studiogirl » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:47 am

AlexInRI wrote: Any ideas what July's song will be?

I've been working on "Ride the Country"...in case anyone's interested in pursuing that....

Gonna pretend I'm Sundrud or Schmit today and (try to) record "Magnolia".Image
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Can't wait to hear it Carolyn. Maybe when I get the recording setup we can figure out a way to send you a file that you can add to. Wish could join you in Colorado in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a good time.
AlexInRI

Postby studiogirl » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:43 pm

AlexInRI wrote:Can't wait to hear it Carolyn. Maybe when I get the recording setup we can figure out a way to send you a file that you can add to. Wish could join you in Colorado in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a good time.

Let's see what I come up with today. If I get anything useful, I'll upload it to the internet somewhere (MySpace/Facebook/YouTube)....

If you have any chance to get to Colorado, let me know!!!! We could have a mini-hoedown at Karla's!!! Maybe I should ask her first? :roll:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:49 pm

8-)
Dar

Next

Return to Poco Discussion