Poconut Project-June/Magnolia (post this or another song)

Discuss the band.

Re: Poconut Project-June/Magnlia (post this or another song)

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 pm

AlexInRI wrote:...I did already order a digital setup. It's a 48 track digital package with microphones and monitors. I ordered a dvd instructional for the setup...

...Any ideas what July's song will be?

Whoa, dude! I am impressed. The whole package is the way to go. My big problem is, no monitors and no guitar amp. I don't really plan to use the amp for recording unless I get back into electric for lead tracks, but I have no space for the monitors. Hence, I either wear headphones or just wing it without.

As with anything, undoubtedly what you are ordering has more capability than you will ever use. The trick is to make it work for you in a way which is easy and fun!

I knew this whole project would be a great learning experience for all us us.
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 pm

The home studio is something I've always wanted. I still have my old Teac Simulsync 4 track reel to reel from the 70s. Someday I'll show it to my kids. We put an extra bedroom on the house a few years ago and the space where I record these Youtube videos is my music room that I had them build behind the bedroom. It's my place so the recording gear will be set up permanently. If I could only stop the noise long enough to record something...
AlexInRI

Re: Poconut Project-June/Magnolia (post this or another song)

Postby keefsdad99 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Very nice, Alex. I tried to post sooner but have had some trouble getting into this new paradise!
I got a fast track usb interface, I don't know if it sounds any better, but here's my Jakob Dylan cover..
The first one on the list;

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=384353
keefsdad99

Postby keefsdad99 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

AlexInRI wrote:The home studio is something I've always wanted. I still have my old Teac Simulsync 4 track reel to reel from the 70s. Someday I'll show it to my kids. We put an extra bedroom on the house a few years ago and the space where I record these Youtube videos is my music room that I had them build behind the bedroom. It's my place so the recording gear will be set up permanently. If I could only stop the noise long enough to record something...

Those old Teacs are great!
keefsdad99

Postby greggroyce » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 pm

AlexInRI wrote:Hello everyone. I finally posted my version of Magnolia. I used a Digitech looper for the second guitar but I decided to return that toy and buy a digital recording setup.

I had a lot of fun with this song. The version I posted has me wearing a hat. I put it on because I kept making mistakes. Of course the one with the goofy hat would be relatively mistake free so that's the one that made the cut. If you listen carefully you can hear my 11 year old son sneeze at one point. I'm surprised I didn't crack up.

I've been crazy busy (belive it or not, I'm going to New Orleans next week on business. How's that for coincidence), so I've missed out if anyone else has posted for June. If so, please repost them on this thread so they're all together. I'm open to suggestions for July but I don't know if you can post a poll on this site. If not we could create a thread where people could just post their preference and go from there.
My youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ4xStX2x-o

Very nice Alex..I just got a chance to see and listen to your version of Magnolia and truly
enjoyed it. Keep posting more!
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby greggroyce » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:57 pm

keefsdad99 wrote:Very nice, Alex. I tried to post sooner but have had some trouble getting into this new paradise!
I got a fast track usb interface, I don't know if it sounds any better, but here's my Jakob Dylan cover..
The first one on the list;

Wow! Jeff..That is the "nuts". The M-Audio unit sounds awesome not to mention your talent! 8-)
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:46 pm

keefsdad99 wrote:...but here's my Jakob Dylan cover...

Nice Jeff! Good song. I was learning a J. Dylan song that I really liked, but somehow got sidetracked. Someday I'll have to go back and nail that puppy down. It was "On Up The Mountain". Great song. One of his newer ones.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bogeyfire » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 am

AlexInRI wrote:The home studio is something I've always wanted. I still have my old Teac Simulsync 4 track reel to reel from the 70s...

Hey, I finally got rid of mine about 6 months ago! I loved that thing. I'd bounce tracks all over the place trying to fit them on all four! In my college appartment, Sr. year, I gutted a bedside table to hold the Teac, had the mixing board in the top drawer with a reverb and phase shifter. Then I had a casset recorder to record the master. I can't tell you how many hours I spent in front of that thing. Of course, that was far more interesting than homework!
:D
Since going digital, I have simplifed my ambitions. For "Keep On Trinin'" and "Magnolia", I am recording "live" with no extra tracks. The year before last when recording "St. Guadalupe", I added bass and a second guitar.
("St.Guad." http://www.acidplanet.com/components/em ... 18&T=7533/)

It seems I am going backwards. Now that I have the capability to add as many tracks as I want, I don't! Back with the 4-track Teac, I was adding 6-8 tracks.
Bogeyfire

Postby mcdtj » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Great job, Alex. You sound superb. Enjoy your new recording equipment--I'm gonna keep enjoying your performances.

Tim
mcdtj

Postby pocoman54 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Nice job, Alex!!! Wish I lived closer so I could come over and check out your "studio". I also have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro (USB)as some others here but man you got it with a 32 track board!!!

I will try to put some PSG to your track.

Pocoin' In Lima, NY
Danny
Pocoin' In Lima, NY
Danny
pocoman54

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion