Jones Beach

Discuss the band.

Jones Beach

Postby AlexInRI » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

I see a lot of talk about Woodstock and New Jersey. Anyone other than me going to Jones Beach? Would love to meet up with a few nuts while I'm in town. How about some information about the venue. Who's been there before? Any tips on parking or driving in the area?
AlexInRI

Re: Jones Beach

Postby cimarron » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 pm

HI Alex,

Keith and I will be at Jones Beach. Driving on Long Island is always an adventure always traffic. If you e-mail us off the board and let us know what path you will be taking we will try to offer some help. The venue is nice. Looks towards the water. I don't think that there is any cover for the audience. We usually try to park by the exit and walk to the gates. See you there.

Linda & Keith
cimarron

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

My fellow nuts...anyone going to this concert will be in my "backyard". The venue is very nice..directly on the water..between the Great South Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
Traffic can be a nightmare,so give yourself plenty of time to get there if the weather is nice that day.

Make sure to bring a sweatshirt or jacket for after the sun goes down, as the cool beach breezes kick in.

As far as getting there, both the Meadowbrook Parkway SOUTH and Wantagh Parkway SOUTH bring you there. the Meadowbrook is a little more west of the theater. Wantagh brings you directly there.

Look for signs for "NIKON Jones Beach Theater" once you are going south, near the water. I plan on getting there in the afternoon and hanging out, especially if the weather is good. My 2 girlfriends from NJ and my brother are joining me for the night.
There is no need to worry about parking, as there is a nice full lot right there outside the theater.

Anyone who needs info on places to eat or stay before or after the concert, contact me. I'd be more than happy to help out a fellow "nut". Once you are on the parkways, there is no place for decent food...(unless you enjoy the food at concert concessions).

Just one question...How will we know each other if we havent met? Maybe we should wear little name tags..."Hello, my name is_________"...HA!

Hope to meet you all soon !!
:)

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby MsUp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Me be there, Alex. If you need any help, give a yelp !
MsUp

Postby Dar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:25 am

have fun,wish i be there
Dar

Postby hzryb » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 am

CurlyQ mentioned the direction pretty well...
the parking lots are large, and the best bet is to arrive on the early side, so you can get a prime spot. You will want to park near an exit so you can escape quickly. The egress from the Jones Beach Parking lots can be an adventure after a show.

I don't know where you are staying (or just driving in from RI for the night, but there are places to eat off the exits before Jones Beach (M9-Merrick Rd) takes you to Freeport (the west exit) or Merrick (east exit). There are some pretty good seafood places on Woodcleft in Freeport. Merrick has some fast food and a couple of other joints -

If you take the Wantagh Pkwy, you can also exit at Merrick Rd and go to the Seaford Diner (best diner around)

I live about 5 minutes from Jones Beach, and I might make the show, if the weather is nice. I'll be up at Bethel Woods, and if I'm back from the weekend in time, and if it's nice out (rainy shows SUCK there!), and if there are cheap tickets still available, I'll go.

I saw L&M there 2 years ago the same way... it was a nice night, and I wasn't doing anything, and I was able to get $25 tickets. It was a great show!
hzryb

Postby cimarron » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Annie,

Name tags are not a bad idea. We wore them in Wildwood. Bonnie brought blinking guitar pins for us to wear at Penns Peak. We all have good intentions of meeting but it doesn't always work out. If you e-mail me we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Linda
cimarron

Postby jamesbn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 pm

OK.....I'm in for the whole enchilada.....the Jones Beach - Poco-Richie-L&M .....NJ - Richie solo show combo.....

Annie hit it on the head....it's so close and I know I'll want to hear more....and really...isn't it my duty to personally attempt to end the recession? I've talked myself in to it since I'll be 50 on 9/11....a pricey weekend I'm sure I'll never forget!

So....I'll be looking to meet up with other 'nuts before both shows. I like the idea of a parking lot gathering at Jones Beach.....I assume the Hilton is a hotel bar thing.

Dennis....any chance you'll be at the Richie show?
jamesbn

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Jim,
I believe Dennis said he would be helping out at the NJ show, but not the Jones Beach..he doesn't like the LI traffic..and the Hilton has just a regular bar...I think it would be better if we could meet other nuts in the parking lot..if everyone is up for it..

Cant' wait for both shows... tomorrow marks only 2 weeks and counting !!
;)

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby AlexInRI » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm doing something I've always wanted to do. I'm ferrying over from New London and driving the length of Long Island. A friend comped me a hotel room so I'll be staying over in Garden City. Anyone up for meeting at one of those places to eat along the way for dinner? My experience is it's hard to meet up with people you don't know when there are thousands of other strangers there.
AlexInRI

Next

Return to Poco Discussion