Jones Beach

Discuss the band.

Re: Jones Beach

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 pm

When are you coming in: Sat or Sunday? Garden City is a very nice town..are you staying at the Garden City Hotel??

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby AlexInRI » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm coming in Sunday. I'm planning on crossing on the ferry around 10 so that will get me on the mainland around 11. I have no idea what the roads are like there but I look forward to seeing that end of your lovely island
Last edited by AlexInRI on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexInRI

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 am

It will take you at least 1.5 - 2 hours to go from Orient Point to the Jones Beach area...traffic going west might not be too bad that early.

Careful driving..enjoy the ferry ride. I hear it's very nice, especially if the weather is good.

See you soon!

CurlyQfromLI

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:38 am

Enjoy your trek, Alex. Who'd a thunk 'it could ever happen again', but Poco, Richie, Jim and George, will share the stage, once again. Hey, you don't think....? naaa ? naaa ?
:D :o :) :shock: :roll: :cry: :D :lol: 8-) :!: :!: :!: :?:
MsUp

Postby pocoman54 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 am

Hey Claudia,

The Eagles appear to be off the road, too! Maybe Tim again? As of right now I'll be heading back to Rochester but will be at Bethel and PNC.
Pocoin' In Lima, NY
Danny
pocoman54

Postby letsdance2nite » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 am

CurlyQfromLI and hzryb - Thanks for the info you posted for the Jones Beach show.I'm coming from the show at the PNC Arts Center on Sat. Any route you would recommend?Also any hotels in the area of Jones beach you recommend? Thanks
letsdance2nite

Hotel Recommendations for PNC Concert

Postby richierich » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 am

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at for PNC Arts Center Concerty????
richierich

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am

letsdance2nite wrote:CurlyQfromLI and hzryb - Thanks for the info you posted for the Jones Beach show.I'm coming from the show at the PNC Arts Center on Sat. Any route you would recommend?Also any hotels in the area of Jones beach you recommend? Thanks

HEY letsdane2nite..you're in luck...I lived in NJ for 26 years before moving out to Long Island. I know the area like the back of my hand !!

If you're coming from the PNC area...take the Garden State Parkway NORTH to the NJ Turnpike NORTH..to exit 10..marked for the OUTERBRIDGE CROSSING BRIDGE. You'll drive through parts of Perth Amboy, NJ towards the VZ bridge and Staten Island..Route 440. Follow signs for the VERAZANNO BRIDGE and that will put you on the Staten Island Expressway (RT 278 EAST)

Take this straight to the VZ bridge..take either the upper deck or lower deck and stay in the left -hand lane to exit for the BELT PARKWAY EAST.

This brings you through Brooklyn, Queens, etc. You'll be getting on at exit 3 and take all the way, past JFK Airport...to signs marked for SOUTHERN STATE PARKWAY EAST. This exit bears off to the LEFT.

You'll be getting on SO STATE at exit 13..travel to either exit 22 SOUTH..MARKED MEADOWBRROK PARKWAY SOUTH or exit 27 SOUTH..MARKED WANTAGH PARKWAY SOUTH.

Even though Meadowbrook comes first, I recommend Wantagh Pkwy. It takes you straight to Jones Beach..looks for signs for the NIKON Jones Beach Theater..you actually will drive slightly west and do a slight turn-around to get into the theater. There are plenty of signs.

If you take the Meadowbrook, follow it SOUTH to OCEAN PARKWAY EAST...then you will have the ocean on your right side (south side)..again, follow signs for the theater.

A close hotel is a Best Western on Sunrise Highway in Massapequa Park. It will only be about a 10-15 minute drive to the beach from there. The link is:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... Code=33001

There are other hotels a little further away...Huntington Hilton, Melville Marriott etc.
Contact me off-line if you need any more help.
Hope this helps you. Hope to meet you there.
Annie

CurlyQfromLI

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am

Two more hotel ideas that are about 20-30 minutes away:
Marriott near Southern State..about 20 minutes:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/i ... rmingdale/

Huntington Hilton..a little further north of the Mariott, but still close to Southern State
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/I ... k/index.do

Both of these hotels are a little east of Jones Beach, but still not a bad ride.
Good luck !

CurlyQfromLI

Postby hzryb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:08 am

<<A close hotel is a Best Western on Sunrise Highway in Massapequa Park. It will only be about a 10-15 minute drive to the beach from there. The link is:>>

Long Island does not boast world class hotels! If you have lots of bucks, the Garden City hotel is beautiful... that's the best one around.

However, if you are like most of us, and money means something to you, you will be dealing with the Best Westerns. Assuming you will be driving back to RI after on Monday, the best Western appears to be a good choice, and it's close by (take the Wantagh Pkwy to Sunrise highway eastbound to get to it.)

There's also a motel on Sunrise near me in Merrick, I think it's called the Gateway - relatively cheap and clean rooms. I put out of town guests there when I made a bar mitzvah; it's the closest hotel to me, meaning it's also the closest hotel to Jones Beach!
hzryb

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion